Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAVE 05 600SDI MXZ FOULING PLUGS. HAD DEALER CHECK SETTING AND OIL PUMP ALL OK.
I'M THINKING OF TRYING A DIFFERENT OIL IPONE?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Try running the BR8ecs plugs instead of the BR9ecs plugs.[/b]
make sure you prime the fuel rail first with the kill switch down before you start and don't give it gas at startup, just let it warmup on its own.
the plug on the clutch side would foul first, dealer did a remap.

·
Registered
2 Posts
make sure you prime the fuel rail first with the kill switch down before you start and don't give it gas at startup, just let it warmup on its own.
the plug on the clutch side would foul first, dealer did a remap.[/b]
I had the same fouling problem early on this season, but it seems to have rectified itself, but I'm curious.... why prime with the kill switch down?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Try running the BR8ecs plugs instead of the BR9ecs plugs.[/b]
I made the switch to the Br9ecs 450 miles ago and I am still on the first set. I was eating up the Br9ecs plugs. I would agree that they are the way to go.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I made the switch to the Br9ecs 450 miles ago and I am still on the first set. I was eating up the Br9ecs plugs. I would agree that they are the way to go.[/b]
I also have a 05 mxzx600sdi and i run br8ecs, semi syn. oil and I still foul that same plug especially if the sled is sitting in the garage for a few days. And when it fouls it's Always on a cold start. I'm wondering if the cylinder fills up with oil or gas and then fouls it....I don t know,,,, I wish someone would have a proper solution.....

·
Registered
780 Posts
I never heard the "kill switch down" one before either. I also didn't hear the PTO side fouls if remapped either. Interesting. I had all the map updates and I've only fouled a handfull of plugs in 6,200 miles so I'm not going to bitch about that. I never, ever touch the throttle until it's warmed up. When it's a restart, like at a trail stop, I let it idle about 5 seconds to steady rpm before i get going again. Last time I fouled a plug, pto side, was after going 5-10 mph on twisty trails for about an hour, then hitting lake and abruptly pinning it. Fouled instantly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HAVE 05 600SDI MXZ FOULING PLUGS. HAD DEALER CHECK SETTING AND OIL PUMP ALL OK.
I'M THINKING OF TRYING A DIFFERENT OIL IPONE?[/b]
I HAVE SWITCHED TO THE I-PONE OIL AND WHAT A DIFFERENCE. DOESN'T SMOKE THE WAY IT HAS
AND HAVE NOT FOULED A PLUG SINCE (1000MILES)

·
Registered
42 Posts
i had the same problem and the dealer didnt no whgat was wrong so i kept riding on it and it eventually went away on its own, maybe i got lucky, im not sure

1 - 9 of 9 Posts