Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
What are the big diffrences between the two zr 900's?[/b]
as far as I know in 06 they went to smaller primary clutch and bigger secondary-cat says the only reason they did this to minimize belt slipage at slow speeds and not for an increase in top mph-also went to ten tooth drivers but I dont know the reason for that.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Allthough I dont have an 06 but going from what you said

smaller primary / larger secondary = would give it better out of the hole more mid snap and a slightly lower top end ( if gearing is the same ) .

ten tooth drivers = would give it a little better top end and overall more gear to the final drive ratio. ( if gearing is the same )

the two above mentioned changes should pretty much cancel each other out in reguards to performance but should increase clutch efficientcy (spelling )less belt slip and better shift out ( both ways )

from what I hear out of all the D.D 900s the 06 is the best stock for stock

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have an 05 and it seems to have a great hole shot and mid but no top end only getting around 110mph it is a snow pro though so the big lug track slows it down a bit and the 05 and 06 are 9 tooth never on an 06 though so not sure how they run. but my last sled was a 04 f7 and I know my 05 zr is faster out of the hole :beerchug:

·
Registered
758 Posts
Are the diffrences worth 1k?[/b]
Everything else equal probably not. Get a set of 10.4 secondary sheeves and an 045 belt for about $350 and your clutching will be just as good as the 06'.

Graphics are better on the 05' IMO

Who sill has left over 05' 900s 4 sale?

F7, 900 are very close on top end in stock form. The 900 feels faster by the seat of yor pants because of how the power valves open.

Make your choice based on what is improtant to you and what type of riding you do. Firecat and ZR are very different sleds.

·
Registered
11,320 Posts
Do you think the f7 would get the zr on the top end?[/b]

DD sled F7 probably not or close,, chain case F7 probably or atleast very close,, It's a back and forth thing,, changes from one sled to another,, I saw them radared a couple years ago and the F7's out top ended the 900's that day, kinda why I went for the 700,, run lower classes and still play with the big boys,,R2R

·
Registered
11,320 Posts
Allthough I dont have an 06 but going from what you said

smaller primary / larger secondary = would give it better out of the hole more mid snap and a slightly lower top end ( if gearing is the same ) .

ten tooth drivers = would give it a little better top end and overall more gear to the final drive ratio. ( if gearing is the same )

the two above mentioned changes should pretty much cancel each other out in reguards to performance but should increase clutch efficientcy (spelling )less belt slip and better shift out ( both ways )

from what I hear out of all the D.D 900s the 06 is the best stock for stock[/b]
Gearing is the same on both,, 9T drivers on both,,R2R

1 - 18 of 18 Posts