Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read this today and didn't have a clue they were putting direct drive on the 9.

Snowmobile News
ZR 900
The ZR lineup has been trimmed to only two models, both 900s. Customers will have to choose whether they want the carb or an EFI version of the big twin.
New on the ZR is the ACT Diamond direct drive system. This eliminates the chaincase and jackshaft, driving the driveshaft off the secondary through a planetary gear box. Cat claims a weight savings of about 11 pounds, and allows lower gear ratios than a sprocket and chain setup. The system required both clutches to change diameter. Since the brake rotor is mounted on the driveshaft it spins at roughly half the speed it used to. This means more pressure is required from the caliper to slow the sled. Cat went to a smaller diameter vented disc and a dual piston caliper to provide necessary stopping force. Feel at the bars is positive, but different.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
You must be one of the lucky ones that has snow and been out riding for a week :D :lol:

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello?!?
Is anyone as excited as I am about this?? Think about it, the zr's are almost out the door and boom AC throws a direct drive on it. Do you think it's headed into another sled?...possibly a firecat in a year or so?? This is way more newsworthy than a bunch of new graphics!

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, my dumbass fault. You're right, I was sledding for a week so I missed all those wonderful conversations about it. I feel shame..

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
no need to feel shame,you were riding,you dont need an excuse :D Hope your trails were better than this!

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Hey Doze, theres a very good chance there will be a limited run released mid year of one model firecat

·
Registered
84 Posts
redF5sp Posted on Mar 7 2003, 03:58 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
no need to feel shame,you were riding,you dont need an excuse  Hope your trails were better than this![/b]
Trails like that require a rig like this. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Originally posted by Psycho Kitty@Mar 7 2003, 03:24 PM
redF5sp Posted on Mar 7 2003, 03:58 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
no need to feel shame,you were riding,you dont need an excuse  Hope your trails were better than this!
Trails like that require a rig like this. :D[/b][/quote]
:D that would be fun,but this could be morefun....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Originally posted by redF5sp+Mar 7 2003, 04:41 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Psycho Kitty
@Mar 7 2003, 03:24 PM
<div class='quotemain'>redF5sp Posted on Mar 7 2003, 03:58 PM
no need to feel shame,you were riding,you dont need an excuse  Hope your trails were better than this!
Trails like that require a rig like this. :D[/b][/quote]
:D that would be fun,but this could be morefun....[/b][/quote]
what the hell is that thing??looks pretty cool though,like a rig for polar bear hunting or something!! :lol:

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Originally posted by jager@Mar 7 2003, 04:48 PM
what the hell is that thing??looks pretty cool though,like a rig for polar bear hunting or something!! :lol:
http://maximog.com/

:D :eek: :eek: $$$$

1 - 14 of 14 Posts