Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, go easy on me, I am DD iliterate. I know absolutely nothing about the Diamond Drives...yet.

My wife picked up her 04 ZR900efi this past April and I am in the process of prepping it for winter. Looking underneath I saw a zerk fitting that I did not see called out in the owners manual or the 04 Shop Manual CD. :dunno:

It is on the gearcase side and on the trackshaft. Is this the support bearing? Does it get greased normally like the old style trackshaft bearings? Where is the right (brake) side fitting? Is there not one?

I am changing the gear case oil also, all the updates where done already, is there anything else to worry about other than my 19 1/2" piece of wood for draining the oil?

Are the BD updated aluminum deflection adjuster and tools worth it? That plastic adjuster with those fine threads scares the crap out of me. Looks like a big piece of junk to me :banghead:

Thanks for any help :beerchug:

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
hope to see you at strongs this year(see pm i sent) :beerchug:

·
Registered
2021 VR1 850, 18 Tiger 8000, 17 RS 6000, 16 ZR 6000, 12 F1100T, 11 EXT 800, 09 Z1 Turbo, 05 ZR 900
10,328 Posts
I just picked up my 05 ZR Saturday and noticed the zerk also, I haven't looked in the owners manual yet.
C-Note please post the info or PM me.

Thanks, Vince

1 - 3 of 3 Posts