Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 04 ZR900,sounds like it's pinging.Dealer says, never heard of it and not intrested,.I think he should be concerned about it.Im running 500 main jets and I think thats plenty of fuel.Can I raise the a needles or something?I have also installed the Cat heatshield on the D&D pipe. Wonder if the heat in the pipe could the to much? I asked D&D and they said that's a great idea cuz it fit so good.I think stock is king and clutch it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
One thing I noticed about D&D black pipes ( iam assuming it is not ceramic coated), when you put the heat shields on their pipes, they get REALLY! HOT and it changed my operating RPM over 200. Took the heat shields off and the pipe ran right where it was suppose to and I got my low end back. I have the regular 900 pipe, but that is what I found. I run without the heat shields. You can always raise the needles to faten up the mid-range, but those flatslides are really touchy. The air screw setting will also lean/richen midrange as well as low end.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Holy crap, 500's with a single pipe is sounds way too high....maybe close for a set of duals.??
I ran 470's with a black magic single - fuel & air screws at 1.5 - couldn't keep the plugs cleaned off below 60mph. Came back and tuned it with 450's and dropped the needles one position, have yet to ride it but your running 500's and talking lean, doubtful. Check the needles, air and fuel screws,,,this is where your low/mid comes in.

·
Premium Member
5,125 Posts
@ of my friends 900's with SLP singles went over 500's last season, had to go to 510's after the 10% Ethanol stickers started popping up at the pump.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I know I'm not in total trail trim but I have 400's in mine with the monster pipe. I have held it WOT for just over a quarter mile. I would think 450's should be fine... I'm at sea level

·
Registered
371 Posts
I know I'm not in total trail trim but I have 400's in mine with the monster pipe. I have held it WOT for just over a quarter mile. I would think 450's should be fine... I'm at sea level[/b]
400!!!!!!!!! holy crap, have you checked the wash, thats nuts. Mine runs better richer than leaner and to get a good wash I need 470 480 to obtain proper wash, Wow 400's hmmmmmm.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One thing I noticed about D&D black pipes ( iam assuming it is not ceramic coated), when you put the heat shields on their pipes, they get REALLY! HOT and it changed my operating RPM over 200. Took the heat shields off and the pipe ran right where it was suppose to and I got my low end back. I have the regular 900 pipe, but that is what I found. I run without the heat shields. You can always raise the needles to faten up the mid-range, but those flatslides are really touchy. The air screw setting will also lean/richen midrange as well as low end.[/b]
Thanks alot guys.Now that airscrew, In is lean? Rich?I thought in is rich.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I've heard of guys running really small jets, he was a running a d&d 1010 with slp single and this sled hauled the mail he engaged the cluth at 6000, we were on the ice racing. I run 570's with twins and when it gets below 10 degrees my plugs change to a grey color. I cant see jetting down for trail riding.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts