Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing as the Sabercat is being built on the firecat chassis will the same rider input be needed for riding this sled or has some design or suspension changes gone into it to make it turn without all the rider input that is needed on the Firecat?

Thanks
Bob

·
Registered
11 Posts
The shocks are different, it has something similar to the smart ride suspension. I doubt it will handle much different in the corners then the Firecat. Just my 2 cents...... and the Sabercat 500 has no power valves. Approx. 80hp? :angry: :wacko:

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
yes it seems the S/C will be close to the F's in handling ride, except better at low speed. The shock is position sensitive, which has a bypass in the first part of the stroke..So it was stated imperitive to make sure ride height is up there, not too much sag.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Dan i want one ? but in a 600 can,t decide which color have a 02 zl-500 now but would like efi and reverse no e/start.when i first saw the firecat it was coool now that it comes with trail tuning i want one?

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
2 things...1 get without rev..then add...or get the LX and take elect. start off..I would leave it on of course..The $$$ will be cheaper to just get it with both from the factory.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
dan i here the electric start is remote?? cool! is it also same as the zl.s with the flex drive (cable) and is there any custom assesories like a custom cover only on spring order like the firecats??

·
Registered
721 Posts
The electric start is only a tempory option as it will break in the first 2000 miles.Sad but true!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :( :( :(

·
Registered
2021 VR1 850, 18 Tiger 8000, 17 RS 6000, 16 ZR 6000, 12 F1100T, 11 EXT 800, 09 Z1 Turbo, 05 ZR 900
10,201 Posts
Originally posted by lacat@Mar 6 2003, 12:21 AM
The electric start is only a tempory option as it will break in the first 2000 miles.Sad but true!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :( :( :(
Or in the case of wifes 03 Panther the first 200 miles and then again at 430 miles :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
After driving the sabercat ext this week, it does have a very soft suspension. I had a ZL before and now I have a Firecat. I would never go back to that type of sled (waybe in my older years). If you like the ZL you will like the Sabercat, but I think you will have to lean a little more than a ZL. I think the Sabercat will be a great sled, I just don't think ALL of the former ZL drivers will like them.
Also my dealer said that the electric start works about 25% of the time. They fix them all the time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts