Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So heres the deal. On my 04 pro xr/ultra 800 I've been getting things mocked up and am now on the over-the-motor steering issue. (My rev tank/seat setup kicks ass and I'm not going to the stupid large edge tank and under the motor steering...so dont even metion that ) There is absolutely no easy answer, have had numerous people take their shot and every solution creates other big problems. SO.....now I'm heavily rethinking the engine position. Currently its set up at 11.5" c-c to run a 1080 belt. The steering would work friggin sweet if that engine was back 1"....even 1/2" would help things alot. I just need to figure out what belt is shorter and can handle the HP....and what center to center to set it up with that belt....really need some help on this!

I don't know if theres any diameter difference with the team vs the button. If there is that'd really screw with what belt I use. Have the button on there currently for mock-up and was going to leave it on for a while until I get some parts (ok, mostly cash) to replace the 440 setup in the team.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just unbolted it and reset at around 10.5" c-c...everything now works absolutely amazing :ylsuper: but are there any belts made that would work???

The other thing is what happens in the performance department as the clutch c-c gets closer together? I think skidoo runs them fairly close together....whats the c-c on a rev?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Belts for 05 iq 440 are shorter, don't know how much though. i have two haning on the wall at home brand new, race dept sent me the wrong ones for my 03 when i used to race. i can measure them if you want. pm me to remind me and i'll do it tonight.
if anyone wants those belts pm me

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Click the link in my sig for some pics. I'll have new ones with the steering all done and pipes mocked up today, hopefully.

After tons of looking I found out the yami D8H belt is 267mm (10.51") and the IQ440 is at 10.625. I set it up at 10.5 OC. I could use either but I think I'm going to go with the yami one because it'll be readily available and not too expensive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.