Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried out a new sabercat and a t660 turbo, both had the single firecat spedometer/tachometer. They also had a bar on the end that was an electric gas guage. Are the new firecats going to have it? It is the same speedo, so why can't it be done to any of them?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Originally posted by F250@Mar 24 2003, 12:10 PM
I tried out a new sabercat and a t660 turbo, both had the single firecat spedometer/tachometer. They also had a bar on the end that was an electric gas guage. Are the new firecats going to have it? It is the same speedo, so why can't it be done to any of them?
The electric guage was supposed be an accesory for the 2003 models but some kind of issue made it unavaliable at the last minute. Sounds like it's a go for next year though.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was ok, it seemed to ride exactly like the firecat, w/ softer springs. Power was good for a 600 w/ APV. Handlebars were a little low and awkward as they are not the same as the firecats. Personally, I don't like the stickers.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It would be nice if all you needed was a sending unit in the tank. The speedo is already to accept the guage, it was real nice on that sabercat and t660. Then I could put a clear tank on and still have the comfort of a gas guage too. The electric guages are so much more accurate.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
so are they or are they not available to put on our 03 firecat's???

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If I seen it working on a sabercat 600 with the exactsame guage as the firecat, I don't see why not.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
but someone already said that it wasn't available in the 04 catalog, so what gives?

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
but bottom line, still, no one can tell us if the fuel sender and hook up for our 03 guages are available!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts