Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hard packed trails and icy roads 1. recommend or not 2. how long 3. how many 4. what pattern or part no. of pattern

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
i have a 03 with this track and ride in same hard paked/ice/groomed trails and it's great. the dealer installed 102 woody mega bites(woody has the correct length for the track) no pull thru and you can still throw it around a corner and not make the thing push

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
I would highly recommend the Woody's 1.45" megabites with the 1.375 track. (If you are ALWAYS on hardpack and ice I would recommend the 1" track). They are the correct length and have a four way machined face so they get better bite. I would also recommend the double backers because of the extreme length of the studs for the deep lug. It is much harder to tear them out. They also hold the studs more rigid. I would personally use more than 102 studs in the F7. You will have safety with 102, but you will be stressing the studs quite a bit and will not hook up well on ice (I spin like crazy on my 440 with 102). I would recommend the 144 range at least. As far as a pattern make your own or get a template. Make sure you don't put studs on the outside belts or dead center in your track under the tunnel rib. Take a look at the underside of the tunnel if you don't know what I mean. I would ALWAYS recommend studs to anyone! Good luck.

Cat S.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts