Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
When I was riding my pro-x I had a buddy with an edge x , both 600's, I would beat him pretty good in 1000 ft. He got the heel clickers and would pass me up in the midrange, not just creep by either, but I would pass him up on the big end again. I think with a little more tuning on his part I would of been in trouble. Instead of waiting around to find out I bought an f7, end of story :banana:

·
Registered
283 Posts
I used the two stage heel clicker kit last year. 1700 miles without a lick of problems. I was warned to stay away from this particular kit, but they were proven wrong. I would agree that they may have had problems in the early stages but by my account, they have definiately worked their problems out. I have a new kit to go in my 05 already, just havent done it yet. All clutch kit are pricey, but what's nice about his kit is it is adjustable. And no, I do not work for the company!

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Originally posted by B+G Sled Repairs@Oct 2 2005, 04:01 PM
are the heel clicker weights a good buy.  I talked to a guy he said you get 12 hp more to the track.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=904070
[/quote]

basically this coment below sums up their sales tactics, try doing a search here or any other website and see the wonderful info you'll get. If you really are sold on an adjustable weight try these http://supremetoolinc.com/db1/00022/suprem...SUPERTIPADD.gif these are ACTUALLY used by real professional racers and on firecats, my guess from the last 2 seasons is 50% or more of the racers were using them on their firecats at pro events and non pro events.

Originally posted by 128JetSnake@Oct 2 2005, 04:27 PM
Yeah, and I will sell you some ocean front property in Minnesota.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=904120
[/quote]

Originally posted by pol600x@Oct 2 2005, 04:28 PM
When I was riding my pro-x I had a buddy with an edge x , both 600's, I would beat him pretty good in 1000 ft. He got the heel clickers and would pass me up in the midrange, not just creep by either, but I would pass him up on the big end again. I think with a little more tuning on his part I would of been in trouble. Instead of waiting around to find out I bought an f7, end of story :banana:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=904121
[/quote]

The reason they went to a new design is because the old design would never shift out all the way the weight that you put on the tip and middle would always negate the weight onthe tip therefore not lettingthe weight fully shift, a few say they have a fix for it but I never seen it work. Heelclickers used to have an actual cad design of their weight which would show the actual centrifugal forces and it was much easier understood by seeing the cad print.

Originally posted by firecatnuhn@Oct 2 2005, 04:52 PM
what about these for an EB F6?

Anybody used them?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Heel-Clicke...578584468QQrdZ1
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=904166
[/quote]
These are the old design where you have to cut and grind on your clutch and are not ISR approved for racing and what pol600x is refering to........

Originally posted by ed6910@Oct 3 2005, 07:42 PM
I used the two stage heel clicker kit last year.  1700 miles without a lick of problems.  I was warned to stay away from this particular kit, but they were proven wrong.  I would agree that they may have had problems in the early stages but by my account, they have definiately worked their problems out.  I have a new kit to go in my 05 already, just havent done it yet.  All clutch kit are pricey, but what's nice about his kit is it is adjustable.  And no, I do not work for the company!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=906388
[/quote]

Hooray for you ED but you are 1 of hundreds who did not have your great expirience. And just here on this one site there are many that got burned by using this kit. Hey Ed you go down to the dealer in Fraser or wherever and I will pay for you to get a run out check on your crank. There are many inconsistent parts in the updated kit, hammers that stick and dont swing out, weights that are way off from being balanced, lack of product support and very few that can give you help with setups. If you want a REAL quality weight just checkout Supreme tools weights and the new D&D adjustable weights they are great companies with awesome support not only from them but other users that actually have tested their suff on a machine like yours. No matter what heelclicker says no weight can do it all you still need a helix and springs to make a great Clutch kit. I learned the hard way with an exploding set of hammertimes and almost a 2000.00 repair bill for my sled because of them. And I was left hanging just like the others that had them break apart at 7000+ rpms.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts