Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone been out there since Thanksgiving?
If so, what are your thoughts on this sled with 128" track!

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
It's not the length but the 13.5" width that's going to hinder you out there. I know my 04 F7 isn't even close to being a decent powder sled.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've seen the 440 Sno-Pro in Firecat chassis with the Sno-Pro track on walk through 5' to 6' of Powder with no problem at all. It's all in setup (clutching, gearing etc...) check out some vids of the guys I'm talking about at www.sledcrew.com

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
I've seen the 440 Sno-Pro in Firecat chassis with the Sno-Pro track on walk through 5' to 6' of Powder with no problem at all. It's all in setup (clutching, gearing etc...) check out some vids of the guys I'm talking about at www.sledcrew.com[/b]
the sno pro track is 1.7 inch lug, his is 1.25, plus the sno pro doesnt weigh as much.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I've seen the 440 Sno-Pro in Firecat chassis with the Sno-Pro track on walk through 5' to 6' of Powder with no problem at all. It's all in setup (clutching, gearing etc...) check out some vids of the guys I'm talking about at www.sledcrew.com[/b]
The 1.375 track in the sno pro is waaaay better than a 1" standard track in the powder. Only being 13.5 wide it will tend to trench
easier when taking off but works pretty darn good when powering along. Just remember the throttle is your friend.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The track that these guys are running is the 1.375 Sno-Pro track plus they have C&A skis on which help greatly with floating the sled in the powder.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
If anything you would want to put a 1.7 track on it. Depending on where your riding and how you ride and what other sleds are in your group it may be best to rent...

·
Registered
435 Posts
I took my 04 f7 out west last year it did fine.. You have to know what you can do and what you cant. The problem with the firecat is not so much the 13.5" track it is the attack angle of the track. As said before put the 1.7 track on and have some fun. I wil be taking mine out west again this year.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have the 1.375 track on it now! It goes through the powder, just the track digs down so far!

·
Registered
574 Posts
You will get around. Might have to follow some tracks every once and a while. There will be placees you cant go thats for sure but you can still have fun on a firecat. Aslo I have seen some Firecats do well but there will be no sitting and you have to be on throttle. Also park in track and faceing down hill.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You will get around. Might have to follow some tracks every once and a while. There will be placees you cant go thats for sure but you can still have fun on a firecat. Aslo I have seen some Firecats do well but there will be no sitting and you have to be on throttle. Also park in track and faceing down hill.[/b]
That makes sence to park on a trail facing down! Thanks!

·
Registered
464 Posts
I just got back from West Yellowstone with my F7. I clutched, geared, added drop brackets, and put 1.7" track on to go out there. To be honest I was a little disappointed about how it performed out there. The thing would not carve in the powder at all(tried disconnecting the sway bar even). You can get around all right if you usually stay in some else's tracks, but as soon as you go boondocking you better try to keep your speed up or you'll get stuck. I guess I was expecting too much out of it out there. You can still have ton's of fun on a F7 out there, but watching the mountain sleds do almost anything they want was getting old.

I've added an M8 to my arsenal, for the next time I go out there. :boogieboy:

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just got back from Cooke City on the 28th had an 04 F7 with the 128" track and acctually got stuck less then the other guys with moutain sleds, granted they did more stupid shit then i did but i got around with no problems haha, had a great time enjoy

·
Registered
244 Posts
I just got back from Cooke City on the 28th had an 04 F7 with the 128" track and acctually got stuck less then the other guys with moutain sleds, granted they did more stupid shit then i did but i got around with no problems haha, had a great time enjoy[/b]

Its not rocket science.....of course a mountain sled would be better. but the firecats get around just fine in the powder its all in the rider...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts