Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '98 ZL 500 majorly burned up (snapped the crank, scuffed two pistons and cylinders!), so I purchased a '04 F6 two weeks ago.

I've only 160 miles on the sled yet, and haven't really rode hard yet as I wanted to burn a couple of tanks of fuel first. I did however reach 92 mph on the lake today, without trying and without WOT. This sled is really starting to impress me!

I would like to hear others comments on the F6 (5&7 also), any problems to date? Recalls? What to watch out for?

I am interested in tuning mine in the near future...and looking for some clutch tuning suggestions in the very near future.

Any information about the Firecats would be greatly appreciated, and I look forward to being a part of this group in the future!!

Brian
Eastern Canada

·
Registered
416 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase! Your in the right place. Just spend a few hours(when your not riding) and check out all the post's, after that all your questions should be answered. Your 04' should have all the bugs worked out of it that our F5&7's had.

R

·
0 Posts
92 MPH with your F6, I ran up to 103 with my F7 SP and let off but take note my girls new F6 on a roll next to me clocked bye at 105 MPH, I told her I was only at 3/4 throttle. No more going from at roll, going to check my piston and belt. Or I my just check into weight watchers. Boy life is tough. Bye The way I was finally beat this weekend, don't worry it was another cat. I ran with a group of F7s, lets see, my black 7 sp. , 1 patriot green sp, 1 saber cat , an other black 7 sp, 1 black f7. OK what ever, I won two of about 5 races, but it was who ever got out of the hole. No body was even close, that was of the other kind, it was as if the were in an other race. Scary thing was we were waiting for the ZR 900 to run that was sitting on the side lines, but never did, untill we left the track and started load the sled on the trailers. Guess he felt comfortable with the left overs. It lonely at the top!! :p :p

·
Registered
17 Posts
Don't let Ron fool you. Full throttle, he's never gotten more than 104 from his F7. Nothing wrong with the sled (maybe Weight Watchers is the answer). :lol: Got 105 with my F6 before I ran out of room on the lake. Still running on Premix too! :p

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
...and remember-105 on a Firecat speedo looks like 115 on most other speedo's! Checked my speedo against my buddy's REV 600 yesterday. At 60, he was reading 66. At 70, he was reading 77. At 98, he was reading 105 and that's all he had. :D

·
Registered
485 Posts
:lol: Congrats on your new f6. You wanted some advice, here it is . Go outside and open your hood. Now grab the pull cord. Pull it out while watching that the rope doesn't snag or bind any where , especially at the cosole area. Simply positioning yourself and pulling the recoil rope properly will save you my greif of changing 3 ropes in half the season ! Since I've started pulling it out straight the rope looks just like new.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I said I was running at 92 mph, I didn't mean at WOT. I was just cruising accross a small lake and wasn't trying to reach top speed.

I'll have to give 'er a try sometime this week after work.

I will get some photos posted also, as I noticed some of you guys wanted some of the F6 other than those on AC site.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Originally posted by Firecat Girl@Feb 16 2003, 11:05 PM
Don't let Ron fool you. Full throttle, he's never gotten more than 104 from his F7. Nothing wrong with the sled (maybe Weight Watchers is the answer). :lol: Got 105 with my F6 before I ran out of room on the lake. Still running on Premix too! :p
Got 113 so far with mine...Lake Gogebic. I let off at that point. I had that crazy scared adrenaline body rush thing going on...LOL B) What a RuSh!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Hey Toyota Joe , I checked out a new f6 at the dealer today. Nice sled and I see the console has been changed so the rope will not fray, that's the way all the firecat should be. Ignore my previous post and enjoy ! :wub:

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With apx. 220 miles on my F6, I noticed today that the rope is starting to fray down by the exit from the recoil housing. Seems to be rubbing on the chasis, and seems a little too close for comfort near the brake caliper also.

AC has a piece of plastic placed on the chasis at this particular point, but it doesn't seem to be helping!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Friend of mine took some clear platic hose the diameter just a tad thicker then the starter rope and untied his starter handle and tied a knot just before the recoil and placed the plastic hose over the rope and guided it back through. No rubbing now and keepd the rope from getting oily and dirty.

·
Registered
350 Posts
ran a f6 at some local radar runs 2000 ft on hard packed snow 106mph the fastest 600 by 7 mph and there was all brands there it was even faster than all polaris 700 and lots of 800 polaris and doo's just clutching no other work done to it

·
Registered
732 Posts
how in the hell did your buddy get 105 out of his 600 rev i just rode a 800 rev with 192 studs and a cluthing kit and the speddo only said 105! and i am just a kid and weigh only 115 pds. do u think somethings wrong with his 800?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts