Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just purchased a new carryover 04 F6 EFI sno pro.

Is there a place that lists all the updates/recalls for this sled so I can make sure they are done when I pick it up from the dealer?

This is my first new sled so I want to make sure everything goes perfect.

Thanks for your help

gj

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Wow, I have the same sled as you. That was my first new sled also and I noticed we are about the same age and live about in the same area. If you tell me your sled is green, I'm going to freak out.

But anyway there's not too many updates. The dealer has to cut a chunk off a coolant hose so it doesn't rub on something. I think that might be it. There is a update for a shim in the secondary but that is for the early build only, I don't know if that's what you have. Early build will have a black faced speedo gauge, regular production will be white.

Also where the tunnel kinks, there is a strengthening kit to rivet some steal plates there. I don't have the part number with me now. You will notice the stock 031 belt will tend to slip and burn a little at take-off. I stayed with the 031 belt and went with the ODS clutch kit, problem solved and that's not all the clutch kit did.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Did you get it at Heinen's in Osseo?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Just the hose and secondary spacer. I love my 04 F6 EFI SP. Third season and it is ready to roll.

Get yourself a ODS clutch kit, Studs and watch the other sled eat your dust.

Have fun my friend!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Originally posted by 128JetSnake@Sep 14 2005, 11:01 AM
How much did you pay for it, if you don't mind saying. I paid $6170 for mine a year ago with a two year warranty.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=874501
[/quote]

FWIW I paid $6200 for my '04 F6 EFI SP last December at the AC dealer in Marshall, MN. I just have a one year warranty though. Not sure on why that differs from your deal with a 2 year.

emtgreg,

Congrats on the purchase. I'm sure you'll be more than happy with the sled. I was pretty happy with mine last season and I plan to stud it and clutch it before this season so it should be even better.

Oh, and BTW, the stock 4" "dually" carbides suck donkey balls. Take them off and cut them into fishing weights if you like.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts