Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will Cat offer the144" track with the Sno Pro valved suspension?
This is not clear to me on their information.

·
Registered
772 Posts
i was hoping for that too!!..but...no straight from a cat rep at the show..no sno pro with the ext tunnel...which is a bummer...the longer track will be way smoother and nicer for going off trail a little more then the shorty ....i think guys underestimate the "hybrid" sleds ah la renegades and sks...they are way smoother and better rides on the trails the short tracks..no arguing that what so ever..but since no sno pro suspension..it will be softer and not as aggressive..thats why i still would buy a sno pro..and then long track it..

IM gonna long track mine to a 151..same price as a 144 and more flotation...that way ill have the sno pro ride and long track...just remember to though..with a longer track..its resistance to bottoming will be less then a shorty because u "bridge" over the bumps more...that way to i will get the 1.5 track and i will use that year round..where as a 1.25 is what they give u with the ext...little more off trail ability with the 1.5 and still safe on trails (not to tall to burn out hyfax so fast)

·
Registered
113 Posts
hey guys,i was also told you can't get an ext with the snopro package :( you also can't buy a ext with limited graphics :( i love all the benefits of long tracks,but i'd like a night fire.the std colors are nice too. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
747 Posts
I decided on the F7 instead of the F6 for the extra $300. Trading a zl800ss. I'm wondering how the 144" will handle on tight twisty trails. I would like it for the better ride over bumps and also the 1.25" track. Just not sure on the handling? Has anyone had a long track sled? Also, will this fit in a 10' trailer? I'm getting a new trailer for next year anyways, will I need a 12'? I ride both groomed and ungroomed trails and also some Quebec riding.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
My brothers 144" MC 800 fits just fine on my 8.5x10 sled bed. if it was enclosed, it still wouldn't be an issue. I'll guarantee you, the 144" track is the way to go. Granted, it won't rail around the corners, but the ride quality totally justifies the compromise in sharp cornering.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Originally posted by likkerpig@Mar 19 2003, 07:46 AM
My brothers 144" MC 800 fits just fine on my 8.5x10 sled bed. if it was enclosed, it still wouldn't be an issue. I'll guarantee you, the 144" track is the way to go. Granted, it won't rail around the corners, but the ride quality totally justifies the compromise in sharp cornering.
Thanks Likk, that's some of the opinions I'm looking for. I'm leaning towards the 144" now. We don't ride as fast around corners like we used to because of the week-end warriors on the trail now. I don't mind anyone riding hard, but so many now don't stay on their own side. Last Saturday we were on the railbed from Tupper to OldForge and the trail was 8' wide. We stopped when we met a group of sleds, and they never even slowed down, meeting us at 50-60 mph with less than a foot of space between the sleds :angry: . Sorry, got off the subject here a little ;) .

·
Registered
113 Posts
favacat,i've owed a few 136"longtracks and if you ride one for a day i'll bet you'll love it.longtracks offer super traction in all snow types and conditions which equals faster accel. and better braking.they track straight (no fish tailing).they ride great over trailjunk due to the bridge effect.hell they even look better! :wacko: if you want it to handle the tighter stuff put on a set of simmons flex skis and pull up limiter straps a little and you will have no darting or pushing(oversteer)in the turns.the only downfalls are alot of extra snow throwing for your buddies to injest :D and your top end will be lower esp.with a 144".it should still do over 100mph.what you will loose in top end you'll surely gain from corner to corner.good luck with your choice,short track or long it will be a forearm abuser!!you can't loose.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Originally posted by rob@Mar 19 2003, 07:42 AM
Man, I don't know.. My F7 fits in my 10 foot trailer with not much room to spare..
I'll second that. My F7 fits in my covered 10ft. trailer with barely enough room to close it while pushing the rear flap in. 144"...... my opinion is NO WAY.
-John

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
So who makes the best 12 ft. trailer? Might go with wider skis also down the road. Who makes the best cap?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts