Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im new to this site but heard good things.anyway my problem is my sled starts on the second pull but then like runs out of gas and dies.ill pull again and same thing,this happens like 3 or 4 times then it will idle and run fine.i dont have reeds! any ideas? thanks :beerchug:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hi im new to this site but heard good things.anyway my problem is my sled starts on the second pull but then like runs out of gas and dies.ill pull again and same thing,this happens like 3 or 4 times then it will idle and run fine.i dont have reeds! any ideas? thanks :beerchug:[/b]
sorry its a 04 efi-fuel presure is good to rail,and was fine last season.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Does it idle up real high before it dies?, if it does that means it's leaning out and not getting any fuel so either the fuel pump is shot or the smart valves are collapsing. Mine was doing the same thing at the start of this season and it ended up being the pump. It was a totall bitch to diagnose, it would idle for about 4 mins then rev-up and die. How long did you keep the fuel pressure guage on for? Mine would show good pressure for a couple minutes then fall flat, so you have to keep it on for a bit to get a proper result. Don't hook it up for 1 second, see a good number and think that it's A OK. As for smart valves pull them up and see if they are collapsed. If they are check the bottom of your fuel tank for gummy residue that could be clogging them.

Robby A

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
same thing happend to me last year....would start on the 2nd pull then die....so i had to keep the choke on and play with the gas for awhile then it would idle really low...but this year i set the idle higher and it works fine now.

·
Registered
516 Posts
same thing happend to me last year....would start on the 2nd pull then die....so i had to keep the choke on and play with the gas for awhile then it would idle really low...but this year i set the idle higher and it works fine now.[/b]

efi's dont have chokes. totaly different animal

I had the same problem and it was my ecu. try a buddies ecu out.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
efi's dont have chokes. totaly different animal

I had the same problem and it was my ecu. try a buddies ecu out.[/b]

ahh i guess i didnt c the efi part

1 - 8 of 8 Posts