Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so Outcast (Maine) burnt a hole in his piston last weekend.. 04 600 HO SDI with 5800 or so miles...
He don't know what to do with it now.. he got quoted $1500.00 to fix it.. he's not sure he wants to put that kinda money into it..
what should he do..?

Its got a 136" track extension on it.. Nice sled, but.......... not sure.

Sell it..?
Fix it.?

Anyone know a place in Maine that could work fix it for less..?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Ok, so Outcast (Maine) burnt a hole in his piston last weekend.. 04 600 HO SDI with 5800 or so miles...
He don't know what to do with it now.. he got quoted $1500.00 to fix it.. he's not sure he wants to put that kinda money into it..
what should he do..?

Its got a 136" track extension on it.. Nice sled, but.......... not sure.

Sell it..?
Fix it.?

Anyone know a place in Maine that could work fix it for less..?[/b]
I'd say fix it. Pistons and rings are not expensive ($300.00 or less) If the Jug isn't too bad, just a quick hone and put it back together.
It's not that hard to do.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I'd say fix it. Pistons and rings are not expensive ($300.00 or less) If the Jug isn't too bad, just a quick hone and put it back together.
It's not that hard to do.[/b]
I use ploude and ploude in caribou for all major repairs, never a problem. drop it off in the morning and pick it up later same day if I call ahead.
My club has bought over 15 sleds there and always a class a dealer.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Replacing the pistons/rings/reeds etc on mine now.
Sled-parts.com: $169 for a complete piston kit, $12 for a base gasket, $255 for V-force reeds(that may be why she burnt down), $20 in beer for the buddy with the tools and knowhow.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Also Make sure WHY it burnt a hole .. To lean? Crank seals Bad? Etc .. Make sure you fix and Pay Once, Not Twice.... Just my $.02

1 - 7 of 7 Posts