2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering a 03 ZR9 SP
3500 miles
original owner I've known since new and meticulous maintenance
All stock
PTO torque arm insatlled and clutches aligned/maintained
Shocks all rebuilt/serviced this summer

What should I look for or do/replace/service before this season?
I will be putting 3000 + miles on her this winter.

Waterpump?
driveline bearings?

I think it is priced right and I know the sled and owner well.
I am not familiar with the sled as far as usuall weakness and wear items or problem areas etc.

Thnx

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
What he said, and that pesky driveshaft bearing, PTO side.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Replace Cam arm bushings Primary and secondary clutch springs. 60$
I have never tried repacking skid bearings I always replace them. The
new ones are made in ROMANIA great junk....

·
Premium Member
5,124 Posts
Just tore my 03' down on a hunch, never blew a belt, never run too lean, good oil, good fuel. Last ride I raced a new MachZ twice and won both times (many, many, witnesses) Anyway, I figuired with 2,800 miles I'd freshen up the top end and check the crank, ect. Well to my suprise, everything was perfect except, the plastic or nylon keepers on the 2 outer crank bearings were falling apart, checked the runout, pto /.011 mag .017. Trued and welded the crank today, waiting on 2 new bearings. Needless to say as bulletproof as this 1M9 has been Im glad I tore it down, it wouldnt have been too many more lake runs before it got expensive. I cant wait to see how it runs freshened up with a straight crank and ported clyinders.

Attachments

·
Registered
641 Posts
i wouldn't buy it unless you plan on tearing it down as soon as you get it. although it doesn't take much $$ to do a crank it does take some time. my crank was shot with a huge runout on pto side with only 1,200 miles. I could feel a loss of performance at the end of last year on the lake.

·
Registered
486 Posts
It will need the crank straighten and weld. Every one I know of has had it done and no more problems. Easy job to do, and fast reliable sled once done

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
After coming off your Pro X 700, watch out for trees. You will go by them much faster.(Sorry, I could not resist) It might be worth it to let a dealer go over it. You will love the sled.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Guess I am living on borrowed time. 5200 miles and going to hopefully put another 2500 on without a teardown. After this season I will rebuild. Anyone else got high miles on a 900 wihout any major work?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts