Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a 03 zr with everything but a big bore was wondering what kind of gear set ups you guys were running as i was told that the 03 has the tallest gears you can run from the factory

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I switched from my original 26:41 gearing to 24:39 when I installed reverse. Not caring much for it I put in 26:40 figuring it would help me in top-end speed. Seems it made it slower (I'm a big guy). This year I am switching back to the 24:39.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
I'm running 24/39 and once I got it clutched right it has worked really well for a trail sled.

Great corner to corner performance, on the lake, not so good with a top end about 108. Just pick the distance to favour your 108 top end and your golden. She pulls all the way to 108 and then off like a light switch.

If it is grunt your after, can't beat the 24/39's.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'm running 24/39 and once I got it clutched right it has worked really well for a trail sled.

Great corner to corner performance, on the lake, not so good with a top end about 108. Just pick the distance to favour your 108 top end and your golden. She pulls all the way to 108 and then off like a light switch.

If it is grunt your after, can't beat the 24/39's.[/b]
Totally agree, I run 24\39, great all round gear. Seems to be the ticket for my combo, the sled is very competitive whenever I race it. Takes substantially more hp to get buy her in low to mid range . Just my 2cents.

·
Premium Member
12,762 Posts
I switched from my original 26:41 gearing to 24:39 when I installed reverse. Not caring much for it I put in 26:40 figuring it would help me in top-end speed. Seems it made it slower (I'm a big guy). This year I am switching back to the 24:39.[/b]
In fact it does slow most em down...........unless your on glare ice that is.
Reverse / 24:39 in mine as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.