Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just turned my 03 zr 800 in to a 900 and I need stock clutch weight #s [grams] and clutch and secondary spring colors.
I also need helix angles and chain case gearing.

Thanks in advance for anyones help

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Primary: Purple spring and 71.5g weights
Secondary:Red/White spring in hole #3 and 55/53 helix
Stock setup really doesn't load this engine enough. Want to come out of the hole at 72-7300 climbing to 7500 on a long pull. If you're running the 800's cdi be careful in the midrange-pretty hot!

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have the stock primary spring and weights and the secondary Spring and helix from My 03 ZR 900. I just put a Simons CPR kit on and I now have these parts there was only 935 miles on the sled when I took them off. They are like new. Make me an offer. PM Me.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Isn't it funny that this is exactly like the stock clutch setup for the ZR8, except the weights. The stock ZR8 weights are 70.5g. Seems like it should be quite a bit different, heavier weights.

Originally posted by jefro56@Sep 27 2005, 06:20 PM
Primary: Purple spring and 71.5g weights
Secondary:Red/White spring in hole #3 and 55/53 helix
Stock setup really doesn't load this engine enough. Want to come out of the hole at 72-7300 climbing to 7500 on a long pull. If you're running the 800's cdi be careful in the midrange-pretty hot!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=896009
[/quote]

·
Registered
861 Posts
I did the same conversion on my 800 with 04' jugs and a 03' CDI, 03 900 powervalves..... The only non stock items are the V-force reeds and RKtek head. I ran 72 grams last year and it wasn't enough, I'm going to 76 Grams this winter. With the 72's I'd still pull all F7's, Revs etc. but wasalso running at 7800 R's,past the power, so I think the 76 will bring it where it needs to be.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I have the weights,springs,and helix as well if you are intrested. They have a total of 10 miles on them. I bought them to get a feel as to what the stock set up was. My sled was modified with unknown parts when I bought it, so I could not make a fair comparison.I run a CPR kit now with good results. $50.00 Canadian will do as you will only be making changes anyway. :div20:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts