Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone give me the stock jetting turns on the screws for a 03 zr 900 ??

I just bought an 03 last week, I put on the powerbreather and the mag side cyl is stay way, way too rich. I am wondering if the choke is sticking or one of the slow speed jets is in to much.

Can anyone give me some main jet advice for about 2000 feet elevation, I am running a powerbreather and I may pull the airbox shelf too.

Advice is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Actually, both cylinders run 430 main jets. The mag side does run hotter than the PTO does though. You are better to run these big twins on the rich side than on the edge lean. The richer sled will be faster. I run 440 mains with a powerbreather and VF3s. Everyone tells me I am running too rich yet their ZR900 cant beat me in a drag or on the top end.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Shelf out.

I can get 110-115 hard miles on a tank or if I am babying it, I can get close to 135-140 miles to a tank.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Be sure to check the following on the Carbs...

Air Mixture Screws
Fuel Mixture Screws
Pilot Jets
Main Jets (of course)
Check the E-Clip on the needle.

Clean the carbs throughly...as you said, may be sticking.
Check your Throttle Cable. It may be bent/broken

Enjoy :blink:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had a pinched vent hose on the mag carb. That's why I couldn't figure why it was so rich on one side and not the other.
Right now I am running the stock jetting with only a powerbreather.
It is running great, not only did I beat my buddies F7, I launched past him and just kept pulling further and further away. It wasn't even close.

Thanks everyone!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts