Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while riding hard packed groomed trails in quebec my 800 jumps from side to side in trail ruts left from other sleds. i have tried all adjustments and toed out the skis .38 have not tried dooleys.has anyone used any easy steer kits or whatever. this thing scares me.

·
Premium Member
12,779 Posts
I rode 850 miles last week with two AC guys running Dooley's, both of them commented that their sleds all but never dart. Soon as my current set of carbides are toasted I'm gonna give em a whirl.........ouch on the price though.

Rick.

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
my zr 800 le darted real bad with 8 inch carbides.and the inside ski lift was severe. I put the stock carbides back on and it was better, but like rick had mentioned I too will probly be going with simmons dual carbide on it , and I will also be putting them on my 2002 t cat for the same reasons.
Jim

·
Registered
198 Posts
There is a cheap fix for the problem of darting that I have used on several sleds. Skidoo makes a plastic fork that goes on the front of the ski that works super. Its part # 860-703700, costs $20 and takes about 1/2 hour to install. Got probably 20000 miles on them on different sleds and they always have worked. Go from holding on for dear life to riding with one hand.

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
I put a set of dualies on and cured the problem instantly. $100.00 for 4 inch, a little more for 6 inch but a small price to pay for great handling. You would pay a lot more for a set of C&A Pro skis or Simmons Flex skis.
You will not be disappointed in the dualies- bolt on with no modification and will outlast normal carbides by a factor of 3 times

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
FYI, I put a set of 6" Woody's Doolys on my F7 to get rid of the darting. Well, they DID get rid of ALL the darting, but also ALL of the steering too. I was VERY disappointed and took them off after my first 130 mile outing with them. Thought I'd try one last thing before I spent some $$$$$ on a set of SLP skis. I put on a set of the Stud Boy 9" Shaper bars, and WOW... best thing I've done to this sled so far!!! Got rid of MOST of the darting, but the steering, especially on hardpacked groomed trails is just a blast... unreal!! Those things WORK!!! -- Roy

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Roy, a buddy with an RX1 found the same problem. Darting was gone, but the sled would push through every corner...no more steering.

·
Premium Member
12,779 Posts
Ski-Doos "plastic forks" do help cut down on darting but the down side is they take too much bite out of the skis in the corners if your aggessive at all.
My moneys on trying the Dooleys.

Rick.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Originally posted by zr sled head@Mar 5 2003, 11:34 PM
Ski-Doos "plastic forks" do help cut down on darting but the down side is they take too much bite out of the skis in the corners if your aggessive at all.
My moneys on trying the Dooleys.

Rick.
That tendency can be compensated for easily. A little more ski pressure and perhaps a longer carbide although I have never had to go that far. Had two guys put them on this weekend before a long trip and they loved them. Control was no problem with a minor adjustment. They work!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts