Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
HCS We're Watching You !!
573 Posts
I AGREE 100%...enough with the buying of foreign cars ! ! I dont wanna here that half of it is made in the USA and blah blah blah.The bottom line is....i dont care if all of its made in the USA, the profits go OVERSEAS ! Go buy an american truck ! ANd you wonder why the economy is doing bad in MI...god damn !

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey, I've backed the U.S. vehicle market for over 20 years. Last vehicle 2001 Chrysler T&C.
Since purchase: Replaced 2 window motors on front doors, Had Transmission done, Fixed heater core pipes, not to mention problems with the front suspension. I've spent over $4,000 on repairs.
I can appreciate wanting to be true to american built vehicles, keeping the money in our own Michigan economy.
But WTF.. when will the vehicles get any better, better quality, less recalls, better resale ?
Help me.. give me some viable answers. I'm open to answer.
Please note " kicking around the idea" :dunno:

·
Registered
315 Posts
We own, purchased used with 32,000 miles last january, a 03 4runner limited with the v8. The sequoia was too tall to fit in our garage or else we would of bought the larger truck. Coming from a Ford Explorer, all I can say is that there is no comparison. The only thing that's different is the fuel mileage, but that's par for the course coming from a v6.

I cannot express enough my deepest sorrow for those on this board who have lost their job because of greed. But as far as buying exclusively American, to hell with those greedy corporate bastards. Look at the CEO of JC Penny who was just terminated because of her lack of retail experience. Why was she hired in the first place if she had no retail knowledge/experience. She worked for 6 months and was given a salary and severence package amounting to 10 million bucks. That's just horseshit.

YS

·
Registered
757 Posts
I AGREE 100%...enough with the buying of foreign cars ! ! I dont wanna here that half of it is made in the USA and blah blah blah.The bottom line is....i dont care if all of its made in the USA, the profits go OVERSEAS ! Go buy an american truck ! ANd you wonder why the economy is doing bad in MI...god damn ![/b]
I AM 100% with you............. soon they will be buying our land with that money....... then what?

·
Registered
772 Posts
Hey, I've backed the U.S. vehicle market for over 20 years. Last vehicle 2001 Chrysler T&C.
Since purchase: Replaced 2 window motors on front doors, Had Transmission done, Fixed heater core pipes, not to mention problems with the front suspension. I've spent over $4,000 on repairs.
I can appreciate wanting to be true to american built vehicles, keeping the money in our own Michigan economy.
But WTF.. when will the vehicles get any better, better quality, less recalls, better resale ?
Help me.. give me some viable answers. I'm open to answer.
Please note " kicking around the idea" :dunno:[/b]

I must have missed the part where Toyotas don't break. Oh wait....Toyota recalled more vehicles this year than GM and Ford combined. Oh wait, I have more. R/1000 (repairs per 1000 vehicles) is a quality measurement that all OEM's use.....Toyota's just passed Ford's and getting close to GM, that's not good. Oh....1 more for ya...sludge in the V6's.

Go ahead and buy it......but I am not sure of your IQ when you come into the Michigan thread and want to know everyone's thoughts on a Toyota.

Fuckin jerkoff.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I must have missed the part where Toyotas don't break. Oh wait....Toyota recalled more vehicles this year than GM and Ford combined. Oh wait, I have more. R/1000 (repairs per 1000 vehicles) is a quality measurement that all OEM's use.....Toyota's just passed Ford's and getting close to GM, that's not good. Oh....1 more for ya...sludge in the V6's.

Go ahead and buy it......but I am not sure of your IQ when you come into the Michigan thread and want to know everyone's thoughts on a Toyota.

Fuckin jerkoff.[/b]
Wait you missed one fxdwg, Toyota recalled more vehicles last year than it produced. Now that's what I call quality!!! This quality crap is just that, the differences in the quality numbers between the major mfg's is almost indiscernable. Toyota's been riding the "percieved" quality a long time.

and just WTF does JC penny have to do with the auto industry? Michigan economy like it or not is tied to the domestic auto manufacturers, be part of the solution not the problem!!!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
I say buy that fucker, it's your money. Just don't expect anyone to stop and help you when your trans blows on 1-75 at midnight in a pounding blizzard north of Grayling. I would stop and help a fellow sledder EXCEPT those towing with Jap iron. JMO.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Help me.. give me some viable answers. I'm open to answer.[/b]
I am so sick of people saying we need better quality, less recalls etc. The quality is now world class. Go to your local GM dealer and check out the new 2007 Chevy Tahoe or Suburban. There isn't a better SUV on the market. We would have better resale value if brain washed consumers like you would give our product a chance instead of running to the Toyota or Honda dealer and paying full price for a vehicle just because you were told Jap vehicles never break down. Its all perception and the press hates giving the domestics any credit for their products. Oh by the way, my buddy has a 2000 Suburban with 231,000 miles on it an all he has done is replace the rear air pump on his suspension.
But as far as buying exclusively American, to hell with those greedy corporate bastards.[/b]
I would rather give my money to a greedy American corporation than a greedy Japanese corporation. :div20:

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
to answer the original question, buy it. i was a hardcore g.m. guy until i got fed up with fixing the pieces of shit every week. the sequoia is much better than anything the big 3 make. dont listen to all these guys talking out of their asses. unless they have owned both they dont have a clue. sheer ignorance. and can someone tell me how a publicly traded company is supporting japan? do you know where all the shareholders live?

·
Registered
772 Posts
to answer the original question, buy it. i was a hardcore g.m. guy until i got fed up with fixing the pieces of shit every week. the sequoia is much better than anything the big 3 make. dont listen to all these guys talking out of their asses. unless they have owned both they dont have a clue. sheer ignorance. and can someone tell me how a publicly traded company is supporting japan? do you know where all the shareholders live?[/b]

Hey fuckstick....Talking out of our asses...why don't you take a look around here...oh wait ..you don't live in Michigan.

Thanks for playing.

Next.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Holy shit.... Lots of personal views.
I agree with some and some I don't. I respect your loyalty to the Big 3.
But don't hold our fucked up Michigan economy on a frickin vehicle. Our economy was fucked up long before Toyota or any other vehicle manufacture pushed there products in this state.
Yeah, I know. Blame everyone else for the condition where in. Want to fix it? Quit buying gas from the fucking towel heads.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Hey n2oiroc, I also see you are loyal to the Japanese crotch rockets. You are a piece of work, you belittle Harley Davidson saying they are for fat chicks and you hate American vehicles. Do yourself a favor and move to Japan. :beerchug:

·
Registered
305 Posts
You know what is funny is you all complian about buying american BUT the majority of parts on these autos are from america and the majority of the autos from toyota and Honda are assembled in america by american workers.

The big 3 never took toyota and honda as real competition and when they finally decided to it was to late and that is the game of competition. Until the big 3 decide that their executive leadership needs to make huge changes this cycle will keep happening.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts