Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought an 03 viper second hand,wondering about stock settings,problem is i know nothing about the sled and cannot get any information from the previous owner,....wondering about clutch engagment(mine is 4500rpm),weights????,and any other little facts about these sleds.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ok, I'm assuming this is a short-track. The Mtn. Vipers are a little different. Here are some stock stats for a short-track:

Primary: Y-W-Y spring; 8EK weights/rivets 13.9 & 17.2 ; ENGAUGEMENT should be 3900 rpms
Secondary: RED spring, set at 70 degrees, 47 degree helix

GEARING: 22/38

BELT: 8DN

CARBS: 156.3 mains; needle position "3"; 45 pilots; fuel screws set at 1 turn out

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for the info mod-it. :smile:
Would would you happen to know what the top end rpm should be? I was doing some lake running on the weekend and sled runs 8500-8700 rpm wide open 105-108 mph. (192-197 km/h on dream meter)

ALL STOCK
04 Viper S
Ele. start
Rev.
4200 km

·
Registered
252 Posts
If it's hitting at 4500 it sounds like it may have some clutch work done already. Both of mine engage at 4500 or so and both are re-clutched with Bender kits. One's tripled and the other has the 4X4/can combo.

S is a SWEET sled by the way. Best Viper they made hands down. My wife's is an S with the Bender 4X4/can setup, clutching, reverse and full Ohlins all around. Sounds like you found a nice one since it has the rev. and e-start added to it. These were not standard on the S by the way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts