Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can these shocks be modified to fit a resevoir on them? i mean are the shock shafts available or has anyone done it, i know anything is possible.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
since we are in the pro x forum I am assuming that you are speaking of the fan cooled pro x which has no res. This is actually an emultion shock and I don't like the thing. (though it is probably an ok shock) to convert you would need clicker, body and hose. It would be much cheaper to buy a complete shock. That is the route we took last year on one.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im talking ski shocks (front) off a 03 pro-x 700, theres clickers but no resevoir, i have access to fittings and work at a machine shop where i can make many of the parts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
You will need to manufacture your own fitting to adapt from the air valve to like an 1/8 NPT. I have not done it on this one but what I would try is drill and tap the existing air valve to screw in a 1/8 NPT street 90. Mount the shock upside down in the chasiss Then use hose clamps to hold the clicker body to the belly pan inside the shock tower. Look at a walker set up to see placement an routing. Mock it up with a fake Res made of can or card board and stroke the susption fully in all turn positions to check for interference. Clicker kits have gone way up in cost now. If you make the fittings up yourself you are probably going to have close to $400 into the conversion.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
also if you do it I would probably use the fox remote not Ryde fx. You can use any of them if you get a deal on something.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I just looked and a set of walkers with remote are 600. sell yours on ebay for 150-200 buy the walkers and you will save some hassle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts