Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So hear is the story ,,, my bike dealer had a 03 rx 1 in the box , so i made the deal and sold my f-cats,,, for now ,,but who knows if it works well , i may stay blue ....but i need it to turn on a dime.... so what 04-06 parts do i need for this to happen or what set up do i need??? i got some shapper bars and i am studding it any help is Verry helpful,,,, good or bad i need ot know.....THANKS.. i trail ride and am 165 lbs

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
03 it doesn't have the ripsaw track. So you'll have problems hooking up. I'd definately stud it (like you planned) and get some better carbides and or ski's. You ride Ontario trails it looks like and I've heard they are super flat so if you get it set up right the thing will carve like you wouldn't believe. If you know someone who's good with fabrics and foam (upholsterer) I'd custom the seat. Get some cushion in there cause the 03 seats were like boards.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Stud the track in the centre only....It has a camoplast and is very soft...trust me!

Call Pioneer performance and order a set of 2.3 springs. Run them with just enough tension that they will not fall out over a bump.

Make a 1/4 inch rubber shim and insert between the aluminum ski saddle and the rubber stopper.

Let the limiter straps out a little.

You are lucky...it took me a whole season to figure this out!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Boss seat
Sway bar and links
2.3 springs front
Ripsaw track and studs up the middle
move ur bars forward by loosening 4 bolts and adjusting them to were u like it
if u can afford to change to ohlins shocks and
put a m-10 or expertX and u have the best sled available
ECP kit freddie @eastern cycle performance
Simmons ski`s or C/A`s

go check out the speedshop1.com and call Matt and tellhim i sent ya he will get ya were u need to be

·
Registered
166 Posts
This sled can handle with a little work. You may want to look into Benders mono-shock rear suspension kit at under 1k it will make a world of difference in ride and weight transfer (though I don't know of any real world test yet). You'll still want the 2.3 springs and sway bar and links.

It handles stock better than these boards make it sound.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks alot..... the 2.3 springs??? from yami?? like from 05 and the bars and links too i take it? YOU ROCK!!!

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rx 1 merida is the shim to stiffen the ski movement??

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
as for the bars.. and seat i take it that 06 stuff should work??

·
Registered
359 Posts
The shims will take the front of the carbides off the ground. If you do not shim....the sled will dart like crazy.....mostly in tight up and down trails. On TY there are some directions and pics of what you are trying to achieve....it really works.

Handlebars.....I just rotated the stock ones forward.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
PM me at
[email protected]
I will tell you everything you need to make a 03 a wicked ride & save you a ton of $$$$. Been der dun it...the right way!

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well it was 8995 cdn still high but still comes with the warranty.. i will be turning it to a nitro look a like clone,, the dealer still has some vipers too red and blue..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Originally posted by firecatdriverf7@Oct 9 2005, 10:19 AM
well  it was 8995  cdn  still high but  still comes with the warranty.. i will be turning it to a  nitro  look a like clone,,  the dealer still has some vipers too  red and blue..
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=917707
[/quote]

How come nobody has mentioned a widening kit?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yeah, instaed of just the springs from Pioneer get the whole wide front end kit for only $550. It comes with the sway bar, springs, and wider arms. I have this kit on my 05' and I love it. It rivals my SRX for cornering.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts