Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I was just checking into see what options i have. My sled is an 03 prox 600 extended to a 136 with tracks usa extensions. My rails have small cracks in the at the rail support area of the rail. they are pretty small and not even close to all the way through, but they have me worried some. What would be the best way to go about fixing this? Getting a solid 136 inch rail(would they hold up better than an extended one? Go back to 121 with a deep lug track because i like jumping? Or just ride it and hope they stay together?
Note my suspension will be out for shock servicing anyway so taking it outs not a big deal.

Thanks TJ

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
You mean you have cracks around the strenghtening plates under the bump stops or???

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have to double check, my sled is at home and i am at college, but i want to say the cracks are at the actually brace on the rail at the skinny portion, which is also where the bump stops are...
TJ

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
sounds like you bottom out alot ? It they are cracking where the ruber bump stops are you may want think about stiffer shocks or more spring ? the 136 kit gives the rear axal more leverage to comperess the skid faster if land on the tail and can cause it to flex arounf the torque are mounting point in the rear ...maybe????

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i know what tail landing it was nhrev, that one was quite whimpy compared to the other one, it was on Akers pond, we had a crowd so i tried to go big and i landed tail first on a down hill, on grass and no snow, i bent a bogey wheel on impact...should have grabbed brake...o well the crowd said it looked good. And the shocks are dying to be rebuilt, they are getting a treatment shortly, i just don't know whether having them rebuiilt will be enough, or if i should also have them stiffened at high speed dampening a bit to prevent bottoming...
TJ

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
ProX16, your last name wouldn't be Gulla, would it? :div20: I've watched him get some big air, too.

(just joking about the last name)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts