Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently looking to upgrade, and I have found a 03 pro-x 600. It has a brand new belt, carbides, and "Rumble Pack" silencer. It has 2300 miles. Does anyone have one of these sleds, if so what are the pros and cons of this model. Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
The pro x is great sled. It handles the bumps and moguls much better compared to a xc 600. It has a stiffer suspension. So if your more of a cruiser lower speed rider you may not like the pro x suspension. The 600 motor is great you can't go wrong there. :div20:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How much are you asking for your 700? How rider forward are these sleds. I really wanted to get into a rev, but this sled is lookin pretty good :div20:

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Having put some miles on a 2003 REV 600 HO, I like how my Pro-X handles and jumps much better. The 2003 REV works well in a straight line, but it's tippy and it does this weird thing where the front wants to swap with the back if you slow down fast while coming into a corner. The Pro-X does not do that. There are a bunch of other reasons I prefer my Pro-X, but those are the main ones.

Having ridden a 2005 REV 600, I can say that Ski-Doo has the handling figured out now. I still prefer my Pro-X, but there are now only two reasons why: 1.) I am 6' tall 2.) I like the fact that my Pro-X goes exactly where I point it, even if I am in the middle of a bumpy corner or the snow isn't hard packed.

2. engine performance (Based on experience, it's about the same as the REV; it's quicker than the F-6 out of the hole but slower on top than the 2003 and 2004 F-6s)
3. forgiving nature when it lands on one ski off a big jump
4. wide running boards
5. bulletproof design
6. gas mileage---->13--14.5 mpg (The SDI is much better, though.)
7. handling, handling, handling (I saved the best for last.)

Dislikes:
1. Idles high sometimes
2. vibrates a bit at 4000-5000 RPM (No other Pro-X owner seems to have this problem.)
3. The front inner idler wheels may delaminate. (I run 96 studs up the middle of my track, and my wheels are still okay at the 2000-mile mark. Some owners haven't been so lucky.)

If you get a Pro-X or a newer REV, you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your input Caddisfly. I really appreciate your thoughts on the subject. Do you guys think that if I offered him 3600 it would be a stupid lowball offer? He is asking 4,000 w/ a jacket and helmet which I dont want. So I think around 3600 would be a good price :dunno: OT- By the way do you fly fish caddisfly???

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
Originally posted by snowisgood1029@Sep 2 2005, 09:59 PM
Thanks for your input Caddisfly. I really appreciate your thoughts on the subject. Do you guys think that if I offered him 3600 it would be a stupid lowball offer? He is asking 4,000 w/ a jacket and helmet which I dont want. So I think around 3600 would be a good price :dunno: OT- By the way do you fly fish caddisfly???
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=859244
[/quote]
I think that would be resonable. The worst he can say is no.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Originally posted by snowisgood1029@Sep 2 2005, 07:48 PM
How much are you asking for your 700? How rider forward are these sleds. I really wanted to get into a rev, but this sled is lookin pretty good :div20:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=859056
[/quote]
Umm, the pro x chasis isn't really rider forward, but the sled is balanced pretty well,

The sled books for around 4600, but no offer is unreasonable

Its got 1900 miles, 144 studds, clutched, gutted air box, jetted, v force reeds , cover, handgaurds, chrome windshield and skid pan, sno stuff rumble pack silencer, for a polaris is very fast and very durrable

The reason for selling is that I bought a new 600HO fusion and it will be ready at the end of this month, I actually thought about keeping both sleds for the hell of it but I reconsidered when I realized I probably wouldn't have time to ride both so it would just sit and rot so I'd rather see someone else get some use out of it.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Originally posted by Caddisfly@Sep 2 2005, 09:25 PM
3.  The front inner idler wheels may delaminate.  (I run 96 studs up the middle of my track, and my wheels are still okay at the 2000-mile mark.  Some owners haven't been so lucky.)

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=859202
[/quote]

I just pulled my fronts out and they are toast!!!, bearings seem good ., just the rubber has chunks out of it and the rest of the idlers seem good too, not sure if the same thing cause my other problem, but the hose from my shock to my resivior is cooked too, So a few quick fixes and Im ready for winter!!

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
There's a little shaft that goes across the rear skid pretty close to where the front shock is located (on the rear suspension). The shaft does not have any idler wheels on it... For all intents and purposes, it looks like it serves no function, BUT it does. It keeps the shock hose from getting damaged by the track. Lots of guys have removed it, only to suffer damage as a result.

snowisgood1029, you've figured out my tag name. Yes, I do fly fish. Today I'm either heading north for trout and salmon, or I'm heading south for stripers. September and October are my favorite fishing months of the year.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
SLEDprox700NECKS, the early word on the 600HO is very good. "willie," a Polaris dealer in Canada, is reporting that horsepower numbers are higher than advertised as a result of some changes from the prototype to the production unit.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Originally posted by Caddisfly@Sep 4 2005, 10:03 AM
SLEDprox700NECKS, the early word on the 600HO is very good.  "willie," a Polaris dealer in Canada, is reporting that horsepower numbers are higher than advertised as a result of some changes from the prototype to the production unit.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=860456
[/quote]
wow, sounds good, where have you heard this stuff, I'd like to read more up on it, I bought this last issue of snowgoer and they nothing but good things to say about the 600 fusion. I plan on doing similar mods to the fusion as I did to my prox but this time i'm going to buy the whole exhaust system from slp, pipe and can combo.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I too am thinking of getting the same sled. I just sold mine so I am damn happy. What should I look for when I go to check one out. What commonly wears on them or needs replacing. What kind of question should I ask? I know most of the questions to ask and I have a guide but I would like to know more about just the pro x's. Thanks

Jared

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SLEDprox700NECKS you have a pm...
caddisfly, this was my first year of flyfishing and I absoulutly love it. I really wish I could get out more but with work and school its though to fit in. Hows the fishing up in maine? :fluffy:

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
SLEDprox7NECKS, willie posts on Amsnow.com. What usually happens is that he posts something interesting, some people jump on his back and claim he's wrong, and then a few weeks later everyone finds out that he was right.

snowisgood, if you like brook trout, brown trout, landlocked salmon, striped bass, largemouth bass, or smallmouth bass, the fishing is great. The best time of the year is now...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts