Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! i buy yesterday a 03 pro x 440 ,my problem is over 5000 rpm the sled start to misfire and backfire .i check the plug, color and spark are good .when the motor is cold ,he can take wto but after 30 sec 1 min the probleme recoming ,i ride with trail head and timmig at "e" .idea ?

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
A few days ago a similar situation occured.

Sled was bogging anytime over 1/2 to 2/3 throttle.

Turned out being the Gas Cap Vent.

What is your jetting?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont no my jetting ,i dont open my carburator ,but the plug color is brown coffee, i have checked the exhaust temperature sensor with the ohmmetre and is short !!! it's normal ?

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
i dont no my jetting ,i dont open my carburator ,but the plug color is brown coffee, i have checked the exhaust temperature sensor with the ohmmetre and is short !!! it's normal ?[/b]
Pipe temp Sensor is not covered well in the manual. One easy way to eliminate it as a problem is to unplug the sensor and plug the wires back into themselves (coming from the harness). Once the motor reaches operating temp the it should run good with the sensor plugged in like this.

You should take a look at your jets.

It is very critical that you know what jet size is in the carbs and how cold a temp you can ride in with those jets. You will melt it down in ahurry if it's too lean.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the probleme was my jet . today a run pilot 45 main 340 and 2.5 on air screw .he run great !!! rest fine tunnig because he have a little booming at 7000rpm but wto the plug look great .thank you AKIQPILOT !!! for help me and happy new years .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts