Hardcore Sledder banner

03 Polaris Pro X Hand warmers trouble shooting

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ..Sledhead24-7.. 
#1 ·
Hey guys a year or so ago my handwarmers quit working and I have been putting it off.. I'm wondering what Ohms the warmers should test out if they are good? I'm assuming its 12v dc power to them and from the swtich? Would anyone happen to have a wiring diagram for this model sled?🤷‍♂️

#2 ·
Check the ohms. Brown is ground. Check both sides with ground. If one is zero ohm. Its bad. Low should be around 14 ohms. Medium shoukd be like 10 ohms. And high is both of them turned on. Either way. If one says zero, or one is in the thousands of ohms. Its bad.

#3 ·
Being a Pro X you should only have Low or High for handwarmer settings.
Here is the electrical schematic with Ohm specs of 2003 Pro X 600/700/800. Spec is 9.8 Ohms from blue/red to brown for High, and 19.6 Ohms from blue to brown for Low (equivalent to 9.8 from blue/red to blue). I'd put an acceptable tolerance at no more the +/- 20% of spec.

For the record, the warmers are powered by AC voltage, about 14VAC from the voltage regulator.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.