Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a 3rd year rider, just turned 14 last year, and right now i'm riding a 94 ski-doo formula z 583. It goes about 95 but it has over 6k miles and too much is going wrong with it. I really want a Cat, I would like an f5, and I've got the money for it. I just don't have the money or time to fix any of the problems that they have been having this year. I need some help deciding if I should buy the 03 or wait it out another year and get the 04. If anyone could tell me all the problems that they have had with the 03 f5 I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
None thats why i just bought another f5-honestly there are some bulletins on the f5 but nothing major and your dealer should take care of them before you pick up-honestly cant see much changing on the f5s for 04 besides graphic packages and spring order usually some kind of sno pro package and some different graphics-scott

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I second that!!!

Here are a list of any of the "problems" I had, and these are nit picking:

1. Suspension bolts on rear susp (dealer recall, updated).
2. Oil consumption (Was on "break in oil", turned down when recall done).
3. AWFUL PUSH in the corners (I fixed this week by tweaking the front shock on rear susp and the ski springs).
4. Exhaust cable came off of the servo motor for the mag side exhaust port.... made it only do 80 mph.....

#4 was fixed by putting a washer between the servo "Cam" that holds the cables and the servo motor itself....

Other than that, its a great sled, like I said, small little problems that the dealer fixed, or I just spent some time tweaking..... I've moved up from a 99 ZL 500, and all I can say is what a difference..... GO FOR IT, your dealer may have some special editions leftover..... If I were you, I wouldn't get the sno pro package tho, I have the standard and am MORE than HAPPY with it!!

Hope this helps,

SteveCZ

·
Registered
82 Posts
i have 1500 miles on my f5. other than putting gas,oil,and carbides on it i haven't done a thing to it.buy one now,you will NOT REGRET it!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
the problems with the f's are the 7's. The 5's engine was raced all of last year in the 440 snopro and it is carbed, so much less trouble than a 1st year efi contrary to popular propaganda.

·
Registered
504 Posts
the f5's are awsome man the only problem i have had was the oil light came on during one trip, and i hit a tree but that was my fault
my f5 has ate every 600 i have raced
well worth the $$$
it doesn't matter which year u buy man either way it will rip

·
Registered
960 Posts
If you dont have the money see what the dealer has for 03's next year, or buy a used one. After you work out the first couple minor problems the sled is solid and trusty and takes a hell of a lot of abuse. The only problems Ive had is my pull rope, easily fixed w/ an I bolt, and had to screw my temp sensor in tighter, and tweaked my suspension. I am 14 too and Wouldent trade it for any other 500. I have 600 miles of beating the sled to shit and cant beleive it holds together w/ out any problems at all. I love it I love it I love it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts