Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had this in the chassis section but no one gave me an answer maybe someone here can.

Since owning my sled new I havent been able to solve my belt problem. I constantly blow belts. I have taken my sled to the dealer and everytime they cant figure out what is the cause. The motor is aligned and the belt area has been sealed incase moisture is causing the belt to slip and heat up then shread.

I have used both bombardier gold belts ( with top fins for additional cooling) as well as dayco ultramax 3 belts. Both of these belts ended up the same way. In the bush or ditch blown apart.

Anyone have any ideas what could be the cause. The clutch is 100% stock

Thanks

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
How many miles are you getting out of a belt? What kind of riding do you do (mostly) ? What is the part# of the belt (bombardier belt) you are using?

Well here are a couple of tips that might help...
#1. take a "sharpie" (marker) mark a line on both your primary and secondary,straight from the center to the outer edge. When you run your sled,it'll tell you how far the belt is moving (outward in primary) (inward on secondary) It's possible to get the belt to ride too high in primary,or not high enough.
#2. do not "seal" the belt area,the clutches need as much cooling as possible,otherwise it will destroy a belt very fast!

Other than alignment,and deflection,and/or running the proper belt for the sled.Heat buildup would be the only other factor, unless you have something internally hanging up in your clutch(causing heat buildup),wich the marker might help you diagnose.....

Hope any of this helps! :div20:

·
Registered
26 Posts
1. Don't get stuck while in reverse.
2. If you have the 600 and stock clutching you need clutch kit. My 03 primary was overheating. Bad black rings. Added 18.5 g pin weight. Solved the belt problem, but lost back shift. Get DJ's kit from
mxzrevzone.com

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
If your clutch gaurd has a black plastic shroud below the top piece, drill out the rivets that hold it on and throw it away, it will give the clutches much needed air to keep them cool. I blew 3 belts last year in under 500 miles and found my clutches were getting hot so I got rid of this piece and cure the problem, 1500 miles on the same belt so I figured I fixed it by doing this

1 - 7 of 7 Posts