Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how are we supposed to get rid of the 03's to get the 04 version or even 05? Do you think your dealer will give you a reasonable trade in, or will it be easy enough to sell outright??

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
keep it at the top... comeon all, I would like to kinda know how hard it may be to trade up. I am expecting it to be alot harder than previous years with a ZR

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Honestly its going to be tough-the market right now in the midwest is terrible-no snow for three years-decent snow except lake effect in u.p.-now with all these updates-honestly i cant imagine,will have to drive them to the wheels fall off (another bulletin,do to the horsepower and performance of the firecats,arctic cat has determined that when passing your buddies ski doo,the idler wheels could fly off and hurt someone)he he-scott

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i guess we will have to see if the dealers give us a deal or not, or AC should

·
Registered
720 Posts
I think, at least here in the Northeast where we keep getting buried with snow this year, there are going to be a lot of people that want a Firecat, and don't want to spend the money on a new one. I can't tell you how many people have asked me about this sled while riding this year. I guess we won't know for sure until people start selling them.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
F7 Freak,
Never trade in your machine. Always sell it outright. Take it from a guy that buys and sells stuff all the time. You will always make out better selling privately and then get the best cash price. The dealer can play with the numbers to make it look good, but the bottom line is that he has to get rid of your trade somehow.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey- that's a novel idea... Have you ever tried to sell a ketchup popsicle to a woman in a white dress?? It ain't happening. I'm sitting on an 02 800 Cross Country with about 1300 miles on it. Do you think anyone in WI is going to buy a 2 year old sled for what I want to get for it? Or at all for that matter? Sure, I could sell it for 2 grand, but would you? My local dealer has about 6 F7's still in the crate, and told me the other day to "make an offer". Sometimes you have no choice but to trade it in, just to be able to get rid of the dang thing. With all the new stuff out this year, plus one of the worst winters I've ever seen for WI and MN, sleds are a dime a dozen around here. People look at my sled, shake their head and walk the other way. It kills me to say this, but I'm really considering selling everything and finding something else to do. I love sledding, but it's hard to justify the investment sometimes for 2 weekends of riding... :wacko:

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
give me a little while... i'll take ur sle doff ur hands... i am gtttin an f7 in the fall of 04

1 - 8 of 8 Posts