Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am changing the valving on the front arm shock of my 2003 F7 standard to the F7 sno pro valving. Does anyone know the specs for this change. Any help would be grateful. Thanks.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Give Looneytone a yell. He just changed the oil weight on mine. Revalving was'nt nessasary...................................I weigh 220#

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
Simple oil changes won't be enough if he wants to go with the SP style valving. That's really the only way to do it if you need them much stiffer.

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
Originally posted by looneytune@Sep 26 2005, 03:16 PM
Simple oil changes won't be enough if he wants to go with the SP style valving. That's really the only way to do it  if you need them much stiffer.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=893648
[/quote]

I just had the local cat mechanic do my shocks (2003 Standard Suspension). I put them back on the sled and the A arms are nearly horizontal (flat across). I can lift the sled 3-4 inches befor it starts to lift the sled frame! What the ......... Bottoms out with my upper body weight by pushing on the bumper? What now? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
Originally posted by looneytune@Sep 26 2005, 05:01 PM
Maybe they forgot to charge them with nitrogen. That would help a little.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=893872
[/quote]

That's what I said to him :dunno: He said they were charged. He told me he would do them again. Is there a different oil other than "cats" shock oil we should try.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
The oil wouldn't make it sag like that. Or, what your saying is that you had a lot of sag after they were rebuild, right? If so, did you adjust your springs to the same spot? I know, that's kind of a lame question.

·
Registered
204 Posts
dont mean to jack the thread,but was just wondering if anybody has went ahead and put the 440 sno pro valving in there sleds(snowcross).
I have a F-7 sno pro.and was wondering if it would make for a good aggresive trail/freestyle jump sled? so has anyone done this or know of anyone?My fronts seem fine,its jus the back skid. and its outta the sled right now and shocks are about to be rebuilt.

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
Originally posted by 128JetSnake@Sep 26 2005, 05:10 PM
The oil wouldn't make it sag like that. Or, what your saying is that you had a lot of sag after they were rebuild, right?  If so, did you adjust your springs to the same spot? I know, that's kind of a lame question.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=893891
[/quote]

I put the springs back to the same spot as they were prior to the rebuild. The shocks are sagging just as if they were not rebuilt but they felt much stronger prior to installing the springs. I jacked the springs all the way to the top threads and they still had the same amount of sag :dunno: Very soft under load. The sled looks lowered in the front.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
hmmmm, that's strange. Did you do any rear suspension changes while the front shocks were getting rebuild. Your rear skid doen't look like it's sitting the stock location. Might be putting more weight on the front end.

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
Originally posted by 128JetSnake@Sep 26 2005, 05:39 PM
hmmmm, that's strange. Did you do any rear suspension changes while the front shocks were getting rebuild. Your rear skid doen't look like it's sitting the stock location. Might be putting more weight on the front end.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=893971
[/quote]

Its the firecat in the photo. Notice the flat A arms. This is prior to the rebuild. It is worse now.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Sno Pro has a resivior. Does this make a difference in the valve stack for a shock without the resivior? Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
Best thing to do is remove the shocks and take the springs back off of them. Compress the shock and see if they skip or feel overly soft. They should return nice and smoothly. If the shocks are ok, maybe just add a little more preload. The shocks don't hold the front of the sled up, the springs do. They will help keep the ride in sag just a little higher, but can't really support the weight of the sled. I don't know if I really explained that well enough, ,but I hope you get the jist of what I'm saying. Oil shouldn't make too much of a difference in this. They are probably using stock oil or a lightweight synthetic. I know some guys use straight medium Amsoil shock fluid, but I found it makes the shocks to slow. Too each his own, I guess.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts