Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i was wondering how reliable the motors are. I might buy an 03 sno pro that has 6,300 miles on it.....what do you people think? Would somethin break wen im ridin it or would it jus loose compresion n need new rings? any info would b great.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
do a compression test. if it's original piston and rings i would think about replaceing them. look over every weld in the bulkhead and look the rear suspension over real good and check all the hoses. you'll know if the person took care of it.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
wish I had that mileage period!! :luxhello: Ilove my '03 but I'd put new pistons&rings,and hone for sure!!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Have 6800 miles on my 03 F7. Had one piston replaced at low miles due to lean oil pump setting. Been fine ever since. Plan on running it again this year. All looks good.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I had 4700 miles on 03 F7, no problems that I sold this spring. I check the cylinder condition when I painted the pipe and manifold by shining light in spark plug hole and look through exhaust port. I run Klotz Techniplate, awesome oil, and smells sexy too! :div20: Still run a compression check though

·
Registered
314 Posts
Originally posted by RobocopF7@Oct 20 2005, 10:39 AM
I had 4700 miles on 03 F7, no problems that I sold this spring.  I check the cylinder condition when I painted the pipe and manifold by shining light in spark plug hole and look through exhaust port.  I run Klotz Techniplate, awesome oil, and smells sexy too! :div20: Still run a compression check though
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=942874
[/quote]
Hey RobocopF7 whats up with the 2 start pulls, runs perfect, who wants carbs crap? I thought you would of learned from the passes in the field with 2 different carbed sleds why somebody would want carbs. HeHe :boxing:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hey, does it make a difference that your sled had a clutch kit and 5 jets down from stock?:frech32: BTW your an ass clown :beerchug:

·
Registered
608 Posts
Have 6000mi on my 03 also and will ride another winter. Also had piston and cylinder replaced at end of 1st winter because of lean oil pump.(my fault) Been great ever since, though I will have new rings installed befor I start this winter. Sled ran better in 3rd winter than in first 2 winters.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
why are u guyz leanin out ur sleds for??? if i put on a P.A.C. system on will the same thing happen? and did ur piston melt wen it leaned out?

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
I believe they're leaning out their sleds because the F7's were set to run a little rich on oil. The P.A.C. restricts the fuel pressure and leans out the fuel/air mixture not the oil but basically if you run it too lean then yes, the same thing will happen.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts