Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys my check engine light flashes at times and mostly notice it when give it some throttle even if just sitting there and touch the throttle anyway to get any codes or anything out of these things? Seems to run fine but just want to make sure or can I take my ECU off and take it to my dealer to read codes ?
Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok thanks, but is it overheating to where it's just the light coming on ahead of time to prewarn you or is it to the damage point I want to put a temp guage in so I can get an accurate reading instead of a light telling me it might be to late. I felt as though I was in good enough snow has anyone had any problems with the thermostat ever sticking?
Thanks for the replies!

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
I have an 03 to and yes I have had the same problem. I asked a dealer and they told me to just hit some powder. The 04's they made a change that allow more coolant to flow though the system, and they changed the temp that the light comes on because the 03's were set low. There is a cooling upgrade you can do you can find it at bikeman performance. Good luck. :div20:

Lets all do the snow dance! :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy:

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Had this problem this weekend, it was overheating.......we were running in some low snow conditions for about 20 minutes and the light started flashing....so just shut it down and let her cool for awhile!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Had this same problem last weekend running on the lake......ran great for about 20 miles and then hit some bad snow conditions running fast and she started flashing. Scared the crap out of me cause I had just turned down my oil because it was so damn heavy! More snow......need more snow.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.