Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe that I am going to just use my spdwrx pipe and a 2.5 key. What RPM should I try and run this at. I hit about 7600 right away, and then climb to 7800. Where does this pipe make peak HP and Torque? Would this change if I decide to go with the Speedwerx1000 PAC system and lean out the top end? :help:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the D&D kit right now and have had great luck with it. I would hate to go to lighter weights to bring up the RPM. The only other option would be to call D&D and see what to do. Maybel a different primary spring. I have the secondary second from the tightest right now. I don't think the pipe and the key are going to make enough power to bring my rpm up 200+. This will be the first year with the pipe and key. any suggestions?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wonder if it would be a good idea to take a little weight off of the tips of the Big Dog weights. This should bring the top end rpm up. I don't know exactly how much to start with for about 200 rpm. Any suggestions? Thanx, J.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
871 Posts
I am looking at my dyno sheets with the same mods [pipe and key] and my sled makes over 100lb. ft of torque from 7500 to 7900 by 8100 I have lost 5lbs and 3.5 HP. My HP peak is 152.5 at 7700 rpms,also peak torque was 104.8 at 7600. As you can see I have one of the good running 700s,your numbers might not be the same but your powerband should be close to the same. I hope this helped you.
Be carefull of overreving as my sled goes wicked lean at 8100 [EFI]
Good luck,
Dave :beer:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,090 Posts
Originally posted by Red700Cat@Oct 18 2005, 10:24 PM
I am looking at my dyno sheets with the same mods [pipe and key] and my sled makes over 100lb. ft of torque from 7500 to 7900 by 8100 I have lost 5lbs and 3.5 HP. My HP peak is 152.5 at 7700 rpms,also peak torque was 104.8 at 7600. As you can see I have one of the good running 700s,your numbers might not be the same but your powerband should be close to the same. I hope this helped you.
Be carefull of overreving as my sled goes wicked lean at 8100 [EFI]
                                    Good luck,
                                    Dave :beer:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=939307
[/quote]
What year is it? And can you post those sheets?
Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What key are you running? Are you running a fuel reducer or anything else besides the pipe? Please let me know. I f you could, please post your dyno sheets or pm me with them. That will help me clutch mine as well. As you said, the power band should be the same.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bikeman and Luke, you say it runs the best at 8000 to 8100....is this tested with long runs w/ lots of heat in the pipe, or short 1000ft runs? Have you dynoed this or not? Not questioning your findings, just trying to get a good hold on this topic. 7700 to 8100 is a huge difference when trying to setup the clutching. thanks guys!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just got off the phone w/ Speedwerx, and they do say 8000-8100 on heat soaked motor. 69.5 gr. weights and tit. blue spring, 165-310.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,259 Posts
Originally posted by justinf7@Oct 19 2005, 03:18 PM
just got off the phone w/ Speedwerx, and they do say 8000-8100 on heat soaked motor.  69.5 gr. weights and tit. blue spring, 165-310.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=940704
[/quote]

Seems like an awful lot of weight for a stock '03 motor with just timing/pipe/FP restrictor...I would think 66g's would be plenty...ecspecially if you want to pull 8100 rpms.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i'm going to run home and check and see what weights I'm running with my D&D clutch kit. I thought the big dog weights were heavier than 69.5 though. I'll check.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I tried to look at mine and it was hard to see the weight on the side. It says D&D and then I swear it says [email protected]?#>#@. Could that be right? They are big dog (heavy tip) weights.....if that helps. What is stock?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I can't believe that Speedwerx recommended using 69.5 weights and running 8000-8100. That must be one hell of a spring in that primary.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,259 Posts
Originally posted by justinf7@Oct 20 2005, 12:22 AM
I can't believe that Speedwerx recommended using 69.5 weights and running 8000-8100.  That must be one hell of a spring in that primary.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=942346
[/quote]

Could have confused it with an '04? :dunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,326 Posts
I am using stock ZR900 80 gram weights with orange white trimmed the tips so I have 76.6 grams over all, with the stock helix & spring with the spring tension in @.375.
Mike
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top