Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
HCS We're Watching You !!
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to stud my sled which has the deep lug 1 3/8 track. I am going with woodys gold digger studs. How many should i run and how long should the studs be ? And also one more quesiton.....do i have to use double backers in my pattern or is that just something over and beyond. I'm trying to save as much money as i can with my studs so if i can get away without double backers that would be great.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
i went with 144 woodys 1.450 studs on mine, with the larger lug you should run the larger nuts to help with the bending of the studs since there are so long.
I went 144 with a combination of single and doubles. heres a pic of the setup. you could do close to the same using all single backers. this what the track looked like after i took it off.

·
HCS We're Watching You !!
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my buddy has the same sled as mine and i'm almost 100% sure he said hes running 144 woodys studs that are 2 1/4 inch long. I cant find woodys studs that are that long. The longest gold diggers they make are like 1.350 i think. I'm confused

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
156 1.450 woodys megabites. Those things are frickin durable. Bent 2 and broke 1 in 3 years in very low snow conditions. Really good studs, IMO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts