Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my suspension rails have a couple hairline cracks in one of them and i know its a common problem on the 03,s
where can i buy a new one. the dealer is telling me 200 bucks for each side.

·
Registered
423 Posts
The "03 rail is a "Known Problem". I thought Cat was standing behind, and fixing its "Known Problems". (A Good Dealer Should!)
There was some talk a while back about a company that was making a "plate"
to reinforce the weak area.
Where are the Rail cracks?

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
Originally posted by justinm7@Aug 26 2005, 05:17 PM
my suspension rails have a couple hairline cracks in one of them and i know its a common problem on the 03,s
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=849011
[/quote]

check with dan at ODS. I think they were cheaper than that for the pair. I could be wrong though

·
Banned
14,035 Posts
new rails are around $75 us each. you can use 04 rails if you trim the wheel bushings, or 05 if you get the rear axle, tensioners and wheels.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Originally posted by justinm7@Aug 26 2005, 04:17 PM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=849011
[/quote]

If you mean the dealer will put both on for 200$ thats seems like a good deal. If you mean he wants 200 a piece something wrong here. I have a used set for sale off a 03 F7 for 50$ and should be able to ship for 25$. I went with the updated 03 rails so I could go with a 4 wheel kit. The updated 03 rails are your best bet long term but if you want some used rails that are not cracked I have some. pm me if interested

1 - 5 of 5 Posts