Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to remove primary clutch and have run puller in and can't get it to break loose tryed to hit with sharp blow but can't seem to break loose and in process bent end of puller any suggestions. Thanks...............

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Run the sled and warm it up before trying to pull the clutch. They seem to come off easier when everything's warm.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
heat. works the best. heat it for a few minuites right on the hsaft, then give her a swift blow with the hammer and she'll come right off.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Lots of greese (when you think you have enough, put more on) and an impact will usually do the trick

·
Registered
86 Posts
I usually have good luck air wrenching it on there a bit. Then leaving it for an our...sometimes is pops off by then. Otherwise I carefully heat the polished area in the center of the clutch with a torch while the clutch puller is on there and it pops right off. Be careful not to heat it tooooo much...don't want to distort anything in that area.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Tip the sled on the right side and fill the orifice with some oil up to the threads for the puller. Teflon tape your puller threads and thread it into the clutch. Tip the sled back on its paws and pop it free. The oil will hydraulic the clutch off.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Tip the sled on the right side and fill the orifice with some oil up to the threads for the puller. Teflon tape your puller threads and thread it into the clutch. Tip the sled back on its paws and pop it free. The oil will hydraulic the clutch off.[/b]
Are you not running an air bubble in the cooling system risk by doing this? I'd be careful and give that some thought.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Did you mean air bubble in the oil line? If he cant get the clutch off he may not have a choice. If you get a bubble...bleed it.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Tip the sled on the right side and fill the orifice with some oil up to the threads for the puller. Teflon tape your puller threads and thread it into the clutch. Tip the sled back on its paws and pop it free. The oil will hydraulic the clutch off.[/b]
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Id pack it with grease (lots of grease, I usually do about 10 pumps on the grease gun) and be careful about using a breaker bar or hitting the puller too hard. You could cause more damage or possible bend the puller or strip the threads on the clutch. Then its no fun getting the clutch off!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts