Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been reading several posts, however need some more specific answers.

I have a 2003 F7 Snopro with a 1.375, looking to install a 1.7" (2.52) for riding in the Bighorns. Anyone else running this track with the 10T drivers in the Higher Elevation? I know it will fit, but it leaves a taller gear ratio than the 9T and less clearance to remove snow. Do you recommend any gear changes if leaving the 10T in?

What elevation should I clutch for the Northern Bighorns (Bearlodge)? 9000ft? Would the Factory suggested clutching still work ok with the taller lug track? Any suggestions? Was thinking 58g weights. I have a 2deg timing key, and inline fuel reducer, will this help any?

Anyone else switch to 9T drivers on an 03 with a 1.7 in High Elev, if so, what gearing.

Any other Recomendations for the 03 in the Deep besides:

1.7 track
Drop Brackets
Tighten Limiter straps
C&A's
Bullseyes or TPI

·
Registered
841 Posts
Have been reading several posts, however need some more specific answers.

I have a 2003 F7 Snopro with a 1.375, looking to install a 1.7" (2.52) for riding in the Bighorns. Anyone else running this track with the 10T drivers in the Higher Elevation? I know it will fit, but it leaves a taller gear ratio than the 9T and less clearance to remove snow. Do you recommend any gear changes if leaving the 10T in?

What elevation should I clutch for the Northern Bighorns (Bearlodge)? 9000ft? Would the Factory suggested clutching still work ok with the taller lug track? Any suggestions? Was thinking 58g weights. I have a 2deg timing key, and inline fuel reducer, will this help any?

Anyone else switch to 9T drivers on an 03 with a 1.7 in High Elev, if so, what gearing.

Any other Recomendations for the 03 in the Deep besides:

1.7 track
Drop Brackets
Tighten Limiter straps
C&A's
Bullseyes or TPI[/b]

I had an argument on a different site years back about taller lugs changing the gear ratio's . I thought it did considering the larger outside diameter of the taller track...but Thats not the case. Your gearing will be good stock 22/41 as for the clutching follow cats recomendations and you will be good.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I am running the 1.7 on my 06 Firecat with 10 tooth drivers and there is enough clearance. The rear drop brackets are definatly a good idea. I would gear down to get the clutches to run more effecient and to get the sled more responsive, but stock gearing should be fine and would help against trenching on take off.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am running the 1.7 on my 06 Firecat with 10 tooth drivers and there is enough clearance. The rear drop brackets are definatly a good idea. I would gear down to get the clutches to run more effecient and to get the sled more responsive, but stock gearing should be fine and would help against trenching on take off.[/b]

I've been reading lots of post that recommend using what cat recommends on the back of the tank, wondering what most guys clutch for in the bighorns.

Do I use the 5000-9000 setup or the 9000+ setup?

Staying at bearlodge 8300'

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Well will you be going up or down from 8300???
. I also just installed the 1.7 w 102 studs and WOW!!!!! Talk about hook up! Im running an 03 sno pro so I have the drop brackets and 9 tooth drivers already though.
You know what check out brownsleisureworld they have stock set ups for above 5000 ft gearing and below 5000 for an F5 in the parts diagrams. Probably have one for the F7 also. That will tell you what cat runs above 5000 stock. Hope that helps

1 - 8 of 8 Posts