Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the sled has 4600 miles on it and has allways run perfect. but this weekend,on a long ride in maine it started acting like it was running out of fuel at half throttle and beyond. at one point held it to the bar on a long straight to see if it would clear out. bad move. at about 70 mph it suddenly shut off. (it was at night)
anyway, after 5-6 pulls it fired on 1 cyl and after about a second or so the other fired and the sled ran the other 150 miles back to the lodge. i put a bottle of iso in it and ran it for 100 miles and it made no difference so it dont think its a water issue. any ideas???????

·
Registered
91 Posts
I think it is a water in fuel issue, maybe not enough to kill the motor but maybe enough that with the cold temps the past few days could of been just cold enough to start freezing the moisture/water up to restrict the flow of proper fuel supply.

·
Premium Member
Chrysler LeBaron
2,443 Posts
How much fuel was in your tank I recently had the same problem but only when fuel got below the pump.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
as said already smart valves likely is your fuel pump whining?. pull out your fuel pump and smart valves (pickup) easy to do. you will likely find allot of dirt on the screens. either replace the smart valves or clean the screens. if you want to do it cheap pop the screens off soak in soapy water then spray with isopropyl alcohol to flush any dirt off, I would be hesitant to touch the screen with anything as very fine and anything you rub on it could clog it up. Stretch the springs a bit maybe? and put back in. some guys just take the white disk out all together but...this defeats the purpose of the valve.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts