Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, quick question. I have an 03 F7 that I exchanged the bottom half/ crank and crankcase with an 04 F7 crankcase. I’m having some issues fitting the O4 back in the chassis, are these bottom halves different? Am I missing something here? The 04 doesn’t want to fit like the O3. Thanks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man, no difference that I remember. What isn't working?
It seems as though the water pump housing is different on the 04, I cant seem to get the motor to move back towards the bulkhead, it seems to far forward to get the throttle body’s into the reed boot, the 03 block at the water pump housing seems to fit much better, the throttle bodies are tight but doable, the 04 is much tighter giving me fits, have had it in and out 3 different times, something just seems off and I can’t figure out why?

·
Registered
447 Posts
The 04 has a different throttle body coolant configuration
the outlet brass fittings are angled differently on the block.
recommend getting the coolant hoses and routing as an 04 vs 03
E Bay is where i purchased the 04 / 06 hoses they have a plastic Y fitting

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 04 has a different throttle body coolant configuration
the outlet brass fittings are angled differently on the block.
recommend getting the coolant hoses and routing as an 04 vs 03
E Bay is where i purchased the 04 / 06 hoses they have a plastic Y fitting
Ahh, bingo, thank you!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So a tight hose as holding you up?
Ok, so yes, human error, the water pump housing and everything is the same between the 04 bottom end and the 03 bottom end, (BOTH EFI’S) I honestly looked at them side by side before I did anything. So here is exactly what happened: I put everything together, put the motor back in the chassis. (3-4 times to be exact, and couldn’t figure out why I couldn’t not get the engine to fit, so, after the 3rd time out I happened to glance at the mag side mounting bracket and the shop I got the bottom half from has the motor mount on the mage side inside out! Lesson learned, thanks to everyone that helped me out on here. Much appreciated, I should have looked closer, my fault. 30+ years working on motors and still learning, lol.

·
Premium Member
20,127 Posts
Because i really can't remember.... What alls different again? I don't remember anything that a few pieces of hose couldn't correct, but, I've not had a f7 apart in a long tine either.

·
Premium Member
20,127 Posts
Ahh. You posted while I was typing. Glad you got it. Not an uncommon mistake. I regularly get ahead of myself and put piece Y onto part Z before realizing piece X is still sitting on my bench

1 - 11 of 11 Posts