Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My f5's lower coolant hose to the front heat exchanger fell off on my third day of riding. Needless to say the motor is cooked. Dealer said he doesn't think it was clamped right from the factory as clamp was loose on hose. They want to rebuild it, but I think I should get a new motor seeing how it was definitely a factory error. Heat is definitely a killer of everything. I don't want to get a rebuilt motor and have to worry about how long it would of lasted had it not gotten hot after being only THREE days old. AC you screwed up, I shouldn't have to settle for a rebuilt motor. :angry: :angry: :angry:

·
Registered
202 Posts
All I have to say...is that I cooked my F5 motor earlier on this year...and so far I havent had any problems with it...as a matter of fact..I think its pullin alil harder then it did at first...they told me they were surprised juss how awesome it ran after rebuilt...so I was happy about that...and lovin it right now....only thing is the idle is very low...I think it might be the plugs gotta check it on my next day off... :D

·
Registered
575 Posts
I had a bad gasket on my doo earlier this year (94 formula z) and I was leakin coolant out of the y pipe. Over heated when I got on the lake. Put a new gasket in and she runs beautiful, no engine problems!

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Originally posted by colt345@Feb 23 2003, 06:54 PM
I had a bad gasket on my doo earlier this year (94 formula z) and I was leakin coolant out of the y pipe. Over heated when I got on the lake. Put a new gasket in and she runs beautiful, no engine problems!
;) ;) :blink: :wacko: :wacko: Colt345, you're on the wrong site!!! :wacko: :wacko:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts