Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 03 F5 I have uses alot of oil to me. bought the sled end of last year, two trips with it. First ride, power valves wouldnt open, cleaned them, power valves would open and ran fine after that. However, after idling for lets say 5 seconds, hopping on the trail and getting on it, a puff of blue smoke that was real noticeable would happen and go away. Sled ran good though. But, after about 50 miles and just topping off the oil resevoir, the oil light would come on. It did look real low, would add some and light would go off. This sled did have a recall on the oil sensor(might be called something else)and IM about to put that in, but I dont think thats going to solve my problem. I believe the oil pump can be adjusted from what people say, has anyone else had this problem.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Need to adjust the oil pump. I backed mine off all the way and eventually had to bend the bracket to get the ratio up to 50:1 from about 30:1. Make sure you adjust in increments and carefully measure oil consumption after each adjustment.
I would burn a tank of gas between each adjustment.

·
Registered
44 Posts
your gonna have to get the oil pump turned down. you need to find out your ratio it should only be at 55:1. Well that what i have been told. I have to turn mine down to. im at 33:1 thats alot of oil.lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts