Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the new plug # on the f5? Im gona put 350 mains in it to. Whats the easiest way to do this? Is there any adjustments that have to be made or is it just a screw in and go thing? Any suggestions for needle settings? Also, what does tighten/loosening each of the clutch springs do for performance?? Thanx, bill

·
Registered
293 Posts
Remove the belly pan to access the bottom of your carbs. Drain the gas out of the carbs using the drain tubes. (don't forget to close off the drain tubes after) Remove the cap from the bottom of each carb, I believe it's 7/8" socket. You'll want a swivel socket as they're hard to get at. When the caps are off the bottoms of the carbs you'll be able to see the main jets. They just screw out like a regular bolt would. It's a pain in the ass, but it's easier than trying to remove the carbs from the sled to do it. I'm running 350 mains as well and reliably. I didn't touch the needles as it's running great the way it is. Haven't made any adjustments to my clutches, but I do plan on putting a clutch kit from ODS in sometime during the season. I've only got about 800 miles on my rebuilt clutches right now. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.