Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THE SLED PULLS 7400-7500RPM FROM THE THE HOLESHOT ALL THE WAY UP TO, OH ABOUT 95-100 ON SPEEDO THEN BACKS OFF TO ABOUT 7100-7200. STOCK CC TRACK WITH 144 STUDS. SHOULD I MOVE THE SPRING ON THE SECONDARY CLUTCH UP A COUPLE HUNDRED RPMS, OR DO YOU THINK ITS JUST THE TRACK DRAGGING IT DOWN ON TOP END/ i DONT WANT TO OVER REV THE MOTOR PAST ITS PEAK HORSPOWER RPM BUT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE 74-7500 RPM AT FULL RUN. ANY IDEAS? THANKS. oH YEA SLED IS COMPLETELY STOCK..ALSO DO YOU THINK SWITCHING TO THE 25/38 GEARS WOULD HELP ANYTHING IN STOCK FORM?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had the same problem with my 02 800 zr efi :eek: , the rpm's would be 7400-7500 and then just drop off after reaching approx. 100 mph to about 7000-7100 rpm's. :angry: I took it to the dealer had he told me there was some mention that the primary spring was weak , he changed the spring( I forget the colour , (I will post later when I take a look) and the sled woke up this thing really rocked after the spring change , the rpm's are solid now at 7400-7500 and no problem burying the needle as well :p . the mechanic tooked it for a ride before and after the spring change and amost decided to buy himself one because the sled really rocked. I could not belive the differance in the sled after , I just love it :wub: :wub:

happy sledding

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Funone, any info will be greatly appreciated, I sent you an E-mail but Im not sure if it made it, let me know wether it did or not, And please let me know any info on the spring issue...Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
hey wannaride I did not receive that e-mail but I have some info for you . The spring that the dealer put in was a yellow one , its part # is 0646-229 and I have a red & white one in the secondary and it is set one hole up from the middle one. Hope this helps.

Happy sledding

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry its been a while, but we finally have some SNOW. But hey, that really seem to do the trick, seems like a whole new sled.....THANKS agian,

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well I'am glad I could help. Little things can make a big differance somtimes, I am glad your out riding again with no problems
' happy sledding

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey this is wannaride, all i did was change the primary spring and tightened the secondary spring up one hole from center...funone was right it sure did help!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey Wannaride....what jets you running and where do you have you fuel and air screws? I just got over 225 miles on it and I am ready to jet down and I was thinking about going right down 2 sizes. I also turned the fuel screws 2.5 turns and man is it fat at part throttle. The stock setting was one turn out and then it ran good, but the idle was hangin up around 3000 for about 10 sec or so then would drop down. Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
hey "expert" I left the weights alone changed the primary spring yellow/white part # 0646-229 and tighten
the secondary one hole up from the middle, worked great for me the last 1000 miles, I have 2300 now.
I bought a clutch kit from speedwerx but I have not had a chance to put it in yet and test , will try to put it in this week and see how much of a improvement over stock (hopefully alot)

S

·
0 Posts
Hey Expert, you musta forgotten something. Look at the title of this thread.

Its hard to adjust the air/fuel screws and jetting on an efi.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey Snopro....good point..... :wacko: sorry bout that I guess I got carried away.... but cant you just drill the throttle bodies and put some adjustment screws in... just kidding... :p

·
Registered
863 Posts
Ok, my sled is a 03 ZR8 EFI...it should be pulling around 7400-7600 correct? the other night it didnt seem to want to pull anymore then 7100-7200 but then the next day it seemed to come out of it...I am going to the races this weekend with it and just wanted to douple check where my rpms should be...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts