Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02' ZR 6 Cross Country... The sled has 1000 miles and I rebuilt the rear shocks at 250 miles. At 500 miles had the update completed on the dial adjust / front A arm shock. I weigh 165 lbs and I ride the sled aggressively... I broke a couple block so I removed both until I could replace. When I went to move the sled I noticed that the sled was sagging so I pulled up on the rear bumper and it came up about 6". However, I could push it all the way down with ZERO rebound. I had to pull it back up for it to not stay compressed? Any ideas, recommendations, suggestions to eliminate problem in future (Note: Without having to buy a new sled...)???

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Make sure the dial adjust has not stuck the front of the suspension in the tunnel.
Had this problem at the start of the year, My dial would not release the pressure and the suspension was stuck in the up position in the front.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Also back off you limiter straps if they're tightened. The have the same effect as the dial-adjust being cranked down. I installed much heavier springs into my ZR800 CCE but I'm 285#. The stock springs don't have much of a life expectancy though.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had a similar problem on my CC. Turned out the bolts where suspension mounts into the slide rails had worn an oval hole. AC warrantied it so I got new slide rails. Make sure the bolts are tight. I also rebuilt the shocks while they had everything apart. It's better now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input... The dial adjust was stuck upwards and as soon as I released it the suspension was fine!! Thanks again!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have an 02 800 CC, whenever the the front of the sled is tilted up, higher than the rear, there is no rear shock, just the spring that can't hold the suspension up. As soon as I move the sled so it is level, the rear will sit up on it's own. It's the weirdest thing. But I see it happen all the time know that I am aware of it. Haven't had the front arm recall done yet.

·
Banned
5,933 Posts
all 02 and 03 have that sag , its from the scissors being moved foward and putting more bend in the fulgrem point to accompany the coupling blocks. none of these problems showed up till last year. i pull my blocks out and moved my scissors back one hole along with the cross bar , the is the wat the suspensions were before 02 . i like it alot better this wat it1s more fun to drive , it rides better ,and hooks up better, but you will get more ski lift when cornering hard ., especially under acceleration . give it a try , it`s not hard to do, you don`t have to pull the suspension to do it , we did my buddies while it was still sittin on the trailer

1 - 11 of 11 Posts