Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02' ZR 6 Cross Country... The sled has 1000 miles and I rebuilt the rear shocks at 250 miles. At 500 miles had the update completed on the dial adjust / front A arm shock. I weigh 165 lbs and I ride the sled aggressively... I broke a couple block so I removed both until I could replace. When I went to move the sled I noticed that the sled was sagging so I pulled up on the rear bumper and it came up about 6". However, I could push it all the way down with ZERO rebound. I had to pull it back up for it to not stay compressed? Any ideas, recommendations, suggestions to eliminate problem in future (Note: Without having to buy a new sled...)???

·
Registered
237 Posts
One suggestion is that the shock was not rebuilt properly I Know that there is a lot of time involved rebuilding these clicker shocks. I've had a couple of experinces where this happened. Also taking out the coupler blocks will allow it to sag a lot more. Or try and find out if your springs are broken or bent.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same problem on my '97 ZRT. Can't seem to get any stiffness outta' the rear. Rebuilt the shock's, and dropped in new springs. I was told that the aftermarket springs arent consistantly very good. So my next adventure is to get some AC springs and we'll see. I would definitly say springs for you though... ;)

·
Premium Member
12,779 Posts
The stock springs on my 02 800cce sacked out with very low miles, I would assume you have the same issue.
I'm using the '99 sno pro springs, I think the #'s 1604-194/195.
Rick.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts