Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own a 02 600 xcsp,but i really like the idea of less wieght and centralized mass,would an F5 give me the same acceleration,top speed ect.? :mellow:

·
Registered
986 Posts
Your 600 is ouicker Ive owned one & it has about 11 HP more than the F5

·
Registered
52 Posts
I don't know about the 600 XCSP, but my F5 SnoPro continuously humiliates a MxZ 670 HO Ski-Doo that I ride with. You can't believe (until you ride one) the amount of low end power and throttle response that this little engine has. It's no slouch on top either as mine easily produces 95-100 mph (verified with GPS) top end runs. I weigh 200 lbs. with gear, so I'm making it work. I've averaged 14.8 mpg and 60:1 oil ratio for the last 1500 miles and I'm still using the original plugs and belt! My last sled was a good running 700 twin, but I would never go back. Light weight, great handling, and even better power to weight ratio is where the fun is. Add in the reasonable cost and low insurance rates - Get the F5!

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
The F5 will not be as quick as the 600. It does depend alot on if you get the 1.375 track or the 1" track. The deeper lug will be quicker on the bottom. I have a stock 02 440 sno pro and it is much quicker than the standard F5 on the bottom. About 4 lengths. The F5 will catch me in about a half mile. The 02 XC 600 with a 1.25 track is a different story. From a dead stop I can barely walk the 600 up to about 50 if I'm lucky. Maybe pull a sled on it in that distance. Then the 600 leaves me fast. All stock to stock on semi-packed snow.

By the way...the XC will feel like a tank compared to the F5. I have ridden them both. You don't have to listen to the brake on the F5 either.

Cat S.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input guys.The xc has really been a good sledand the HC website has helped me get it dialed in.I just got back into sledding about 3 yrs. ago after about 20 yrs. away.I grew up on a Rupp 440(71)but I stopped riding when i got married the first time.I loved the way you could throw those old sleds around.I was very,very impressed when Igot on my new bro in laws 97 XLT,Iwentand bought a left over ZR 500 that next week.Itraded it for the Pol. the following year,but i still long for a sled that has the modern susp.,power, ect.but with the feel(wieght)of my old Rupp.Thats why I like the Fcat.F7 is probably too expensive as Im sitting on a ton of negative equity right now. P.S. XCSP is for sale $4500.00 bone stock w/ 750 milesI can be reached at area code 440-564-6648 ask for Dave. sorry for the long post,Im anewbie and wanted to give some backgroundalso verrry bored here at work (Im a car salesman zzzzzzzzzzz :wacko:

·
Registered
267 Posts
I ran with 3 different XCSP's on ice with my f5. I could stay right side by side with them until we tried of holding WTO. The mid range and top end of the F5 is very impressive.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
seein ive had both, i can add this . the f-5 is qicker and the xcsp is faster , if i had to choose, id go with the f-5, acceleration is where its at !

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
No its not faster, or as fast. Your sled prob. has it by 3-5mph.

The F-5 will be better in the tight stuff and in the powder.

It might keep up with your sled till 50-60 then the polaris will start to pull away.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
nhsled,
thats not accurate, the 600 xcsp will not even catch the f-5 till you get to the 90 mark or over..............
last weekend i raced an 03 pro-x 700 from a dead stop and at the end of the race i was going just over 80 (we ran out of room)and he was still 3 sleds behind me.................i do have an outdoorshop clutch kit , but i weigh 230...................so you can see how the 600 will be against the f-5. then another forum member had the same reults that same day ...........i have also run bigger, but still do very very well against them .

·
Registered
102 Posts
One of my riding partners has a Pol 600 and I have a F5. Traded off from time to time and the Pol did have more top end. But that was about all. 0 to 70 or so especially on the trails and handling went to the F5. That was also the Pol owners opinion.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Ive seen a 02 600xcsp run 110+ in 1000 feet & the best F500 Ive seen hit 104 all on radar with tear down s Run a sno pro track & you really slow down on top end . Loose 7 mph over 1 " track Sno Pro tracks are for traction not speed When running for speed u run a 1/2 " lug on track.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm not sure if the XCSP 600 is any faster than the XC600, but my brother and I on F5s both beat an XC600 on a half mile drag....I was maybe about a sled length ahead, but my F5 is slow...my brothers is faster and had him by about 4 sled lengths at that distance.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I've raced 4 XC 600's I so far i havent lost two of them were 02's one was 03' and one was 01 i think it was an 01 model im not sure..but i beat them all on a mile and a half strait hard packed snow took them all right away and none even showed signs of catching up except one and it was the 03' model with mbrp silencer. I felt like stopping because he was way behind me but i kept goin to see if i could pull away anymore..it was botu 4-5 sleds...i was about 6-7 sleds at the start..but he stayed at about 4-5 lengths..

·
Registered
87 Posts
I also own both, and both are bone stock, except studs and a little suspension adjustment.
The 600xcsp, which is 116 HP will do 108 both on gps and radar. The F5 @ 105 HP will do 105 as read on gps (107 on digital speedo). These speeds are absolute top ends on open lake run with little snow, hard ice.
The F5 runs like it's on rails in the twisties, the Pol cannot hope to keep up, even with the extra hp. It just pushes through the corners.

·
Registered
153 Posts
The F5 has incredible speed so is its acceleration, all my friends are always askin everyone to race me after school me and my friend who has an f7 has beat pretty much all the snowmachines up here and we are the only ones with firecats he was only beat once by an rx-1 in a 2 1/4 mile run by 3 sleds but on the 1 and half he smoked the rx-1 3 times the guy on the rx-1 didnt even wanna race anymore untill my friend who has the f7 asked to find a longer strait...and oh yeah all the people i raced on my f5 were way lighter than me...i weigh 172lbs and they were about 120-130lbs..these were little guys..but yeah its funny because all our friends wanna see us get beat...wont happen haha

·
Registered
236 Posts
I dont know about from a dead stop but my f5 with reeds,360 mains Outdoor shop clutch kit would run top end with a 03xsp600. We clamped it at about 60mph and i was 1/2 of a sled length ahead of him and i held it wot as long as i dared and he didnt go by me. He said he wasnt catching me either. I would say aroud 100mph or so. Hard packed snow on a lake. His sled is stock. I wish we could have done a dead stop run. Im not saying my sled is any faster or slower then his, but that run we were equal. Just the facts folks. No B.S. because i dont care if my sled is faster then yours. :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts