Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any others having problems with there 020 belts? Mine gave up at 300 miles tore a good chunk out of the ctr. I talked to my dealer today and they informed me that they have had plenty of bad ones and AC is doing nothing about it.
Wonder why they did not inform me last week when I bought the belt that they were bad and comming apart?
Anyone else get warrenty for the junk belts?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
i got about 1400 miles out of my original belt. The dam thing just blew apart in the middle of the lake while i was doing only 60. Local dealer said it was caused by not warming it up on a jackstand to free the ice build up. I told him that BS.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I got 170 miles out of my 1st belt!!! I wasn't happy. I have gotten 1500 out of the second belt but I don't think it will make it to next season, it is showing some signs of faliure. The dealer offered no help with the belt, I wasn't pleased with that either!

·
Registered
82 Posts
f5 with 3000+ miles original belt.do you guys break in your belts?? you need to very your throttle on a new belt until it goes through a heat cycle. about 10 minutes on a brand new belt.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Been through this already. a lot of people having belt problems.. Cat has warranty most of mine this year, what they did not give me warranty on, the dealer did....

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
I blew my original belt in a snocross race last weekend! I have around 1350miles on it and it blew!
Dealer won't warranty it either

·
Registered
149 Posts
I know blowing a belt sucks but it's all part of the sport. I does suck I blew mine also on the Lake at about 70 bent the belt gaurd and spent 20 min. cutting the rest out. I had about 600 miles on it then and just replaced that one at about 1300 miles.

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
Blew mine last weekend in the middle of the big lake in NH,took out the left belly pan, ripped the damn clutch cover clear off the sled, but I guess that's what happens when your spinning 8k+rpm @ 105 mph. Oh yeah 1500+ miles on belt.

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
No, and I never expected them to be, for the abuse this belt has taken I feel that I got the most from it.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Never had much luck with AC belts, try Dayco Ultimax 2. Either way, from my experience belt life at 140 HP is maybe 1000 miles and you should notice a decrease in performance between 500 and 800 miles.

Like F-7 Team Green Snow Pro (kudos for the longest name by the way :p ) says...part of the sport.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Put a new belt on last weekend it lasted 3 miles blew apart at 30 miles per hr. put the old belt back on it has 1800 miles it. No one can say that was not a bad belt, dearer did warranty it.

S

·
0 Posts
I have about 500 hard miles on my sled so far and i haven't had any problems with the belts yet.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I destroyed my belt and belly pan on a belt with about 400 miles last weekend. No warranty, along with the piston rings I feel should also have been covered by warranty.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Arctic2, I agree totally, The Dayco II is the way to go, Very constant and longer life.
Made by same company but you can tell the Dayco II is higher quality and it has a warrenty.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Originally posted by Arctic2@Mar 5 2003, 08:38 PM
Never had much luck with AC belts, try Dayco Ultimax 2. Either way, from my experience belt life at 140 HP is maybe 1000 miles and you should notice a decrease in performance between 500 and 800 miles.

Like F-7 Team Green Snow Pro (kudos for the longest name by the way :p ) says...part of the sport.
2100 Miles on my 2001 T-cat and they were hard miles, sold the sled with the original belt. That motor is making 172 HP, so 140 is quite a bit less than that and also 115 lbs less weight.

MAKE SURE YOUR MOTORS ARE LINED UP PROPERLY.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Firecat F7, the tripples have a much smoother power band and build horsepower slower = better belt life.

I have had really good luck with Heel Clicker clutch kits improving belt life over stock kits. I usually change belts every 800 to 1000 miles, but ran original belt my F7 1500 miles and had no problems.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts